Corika’s the best-dressed
THE winner of this year s best-dressed shop window in Huntingdon is Corika, the fashion store in the High Street. The second prize also went to a clothes shop, GIA in Chequers Court and third place went to last year s trophy winners, Parsley Pot, also in
THE winner of this year's best-dressed shop window in Huntingdon is Corika, the fashion store in the High Street.
The second prize also went to a clothes shop, GIA in Chequers Court and third place went to last year's trophy winners, Parsley Pot, also in the High Street.
The winner of the best non-retail window, sponsored by Huntingdon Town Centre Partnership, was Pinx hairdressers in George Street.
The competition is organised by Huntingdon Town Council with prizes of cheques valued £100, £50 and £25 made out to the charities of the winners' choice, due to be presented tonight (Wednesday) at a reception after the council's annual Civic Carol Service at the Commemoration Hall.
You may also want to watch:
Mayor of Huntingdon, Councillor Jennifer Sarabia, said: "Shops in the town have made the best effort ever this year to brighten up the High Street with festive cheer. There was a strong traditional theme this year using Christmas trees and some imaginative effort to co-ordinate shop frontage colour with the displays.
- 1 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 2 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 3 Delicious dessert shop 'Snik Snax' opens
- 4 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 5 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 6 Huntingdon dealer who stole from vulnerable man is jailed
- 7 Warning to Huntingdon residents about the legal use of e-scooters
- 8 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 10 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life