COMPETITION: Your chance to meet rock legend Meat Loaf
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press Â© 2005
ROCK legend Meat Loaf is performing at Newmarket next month and The Hunts Post has two tickets to give away.
Better still, the winners will be treated to an evening of horse racing. And if that wasn’t enough, the lucky pair will also get to meet the man himself.
The American star, whose Bat Out of Hell album trilogy sold more than 43 million copies worldwide, is appearing as part of the racecourse’s 27th season of Adnams Newmarket Nights.
Top acts such as Simple Minds, 5ive, Blue, Liberty X and Madness have already wowed the crowds on Fridays.
Next up is Labrinth, who will be joined on Friday (July 26) by X-Factor winners Little Mix, then the Kaiser Chiefs (August 2), Keane (August 9) and finally Meat Loaf (August 16).
To be in with a chance of wining a pair of tickets, just answer this simple question:
Where was Meat Loaf born?
- 1 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 2 Two-day closure set for B661 between Great Staughton and Grafham Water
- 3 Eight Huntingdon children handed anti-social behaviour interventions
- 4 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 5 Sir John Major to answer questions at Infected Blood Inquiry
- 6 A "determined" Huntingdon man takes on Everest after a double lung transplant
- 7 Recap: Lorry and car crash at A141-A1307 junction in Huntingdon
- 8 Suspected case of bird flu in swan reported to DEFRA
- 9 Duo barred from all shops in Cambridgeshire when in each other's company
- 10 New homes plan for Huntingdonshire village
A Miami, Florida
B Chicago, Illinois
C Dallas, Texas
To enter, text THP Races followed by your answer, name, age, and postcode to 80058 – eg THP Races A John Smith 21 PE29 3TB. Texts cost 50p, plus your standard network rate. The competition closes at 10pm on August 9. Usual Archant competition rules apply.
Meanwhile, tickets are available for all four Adnams Newmarket Nights, as well as Summer Saturday Live with McFly following racing on Saturday, August 24.
Newmarket’s regional director Amy Starkey said: “The Adnams Newmarket Nights just get better and more popular every year. We have already seen some sensational acts performing this summer and there’s more to come.”
Children’s tickets are limited. To book, visit www.newmarketracecourses.co.uk or call 0844 5793010. Parking is free.