Competition closed - get the gig in your diary
THE competition to write a song for Almost Famous has now closed. Some 38 songwriters – all from Huntingdonshire – have entered the contest. Their songs are all being played now on www.huntspost.co.uk The Almost Famous Song Competition Gig will take plac
THE competition to write a song for Almost Famous has now closed. Some 38 songwriters - all from Huntingdonshire - have entered the contest. Their songs are all being played now on www.huntspost.co.uk
The Almost Famous Song Competition Gig will take place on Sunday, June 10 at The Golden Lion in Market Hill, in St Ives.
The night will feature a selection of entrants to the song competition and will also include the announcement of the winning songwriter.
The winner will have recording time at the Fasttrack Studio in Wilburton plus rehearsal time at The Studio rooms in Wyton. The best 12 songs will be recorded onto a promotional CD and there will be plays and interviews on BBC Radio Cambridgeshire.
You may also want to watch:
Confirmed so far for the night are Rob Crane, Trevor Jones, Bomb Factory, Mark Wilks, 9FoldPunch and Comfy Slippers. The show starts at 7pm. Entry is free.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 Mother pleads for housing 'electrical checks' after losing children in fire
- 5 Slepe Hall Hotel in St Ives has new owners
- 6 Bustling market town that had 64 pubs at one time
- 7 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 8 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 9 St Neots East seat announced after nail-biting three recounts
- 10 Men who threatened shop workers with an axe are jailed