Competition: £450 of food vouchers to be won
- Credit: Archant
IT’S a step in the right direction – buy Fairtrade and you will be helping to change the lives of millions of people in the developing world.
During Fairtrade Fortnight – from February 25 until March 10 – we’re being urged to take a step towards Fairtrade products and help to generate millions of pounds for the needy in Third World countries.
Take a step towards Fairtrade tea or coffee, for example – and encourage your friends, colleagues and family to do so, too.
In 2011 sales of Fairtrade certified products in the UK hit £1.3billion – providing money for things in the third world that we take for granted… like fresh water, schools, hospitals and roads.
There are scores of Fairtrade products at your local Anglia Co-operative foodstores at Constable Road, St Ives; Old Great North Road, Eaton Socon; and Newtown Road, Ramsey – and today’s Hunts Post gives you the chance to win one of three prizes of £150 worth of vouchers to sample Fairtrade yourself.
You may also want to watch:
Even if you are not lucky enough to win the prize, you can still gain – by saving £6 the next time you spend £40 at the Anglia Co-operative foodstores at St Ives, Eaton Socon and Ramsey with the special coupon on this page.
Buying Fairtrade products really does help to make a difference in 58 third world countries. Anglia Co-operative head of marketing and PR, Jill Basson, says: “As a co-operative, we believe in social responsibility and self-help, so we want a better deal for growers and producers in developing countries.
- 1 Woman left with a ‘bloodied nose’ in Huntingdon
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Jail for Fenstanton man who groomed teenager
- 4 Volunteers needed for memorial nature reserve
- 5 Family pay tribute to great grandfather who died in Buckden Road crash
- 6 Secret Garden Party to return after five years
- 7 Do you remember the old Megatron at Alconbury?
- 8 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 9 Woman in her 60s 'remains in serious condition' after B1514 crash
- 10 Drug dealing pair caught thanks to eagle-eyed neighbours
“We stock Fairtrade products in all of our stores and champion Fairtrade in our community – and just by changing your shopping habits you can make such a difference.”
To enter our competition, all you have to do is answer the following question:
How many countries are helped by Fairtrade?
Entry is by text vote or e-mail. Text THP TRADE followed by your answer A, B or C, plus your full name, house name or number and postcode to 80058.
Texts cost 50p plus your standard network rate. Closing date is February 15.
Usual Archant competition rules apply.
n You can also enter online by e-mailing your answer, with your name, address and contact details, to email@example.com – put TRADE in the subject box.