Community forum will provide update on £1.5billion A14 upgrade
- Credit: Archant
The first in a series of community forums which will provide updates on the A14 upgrade is taking place on December 15.
Huntingdonshire residents are invited to attend the forum and will hear from Highways England officials, who will detail the work being done on the £1.5billion scheme.
The forum is taking place at 7pm at Wood Green Animal Shelter, London Road, in Godmanchester.
A spokesman for Highways England said: “Our first community forum will provide an opportunity to hear an update on the scheme so far and more detail on the design of the River Great Ouse crossing.”
Public examination of the A14 plans came to an end last month and the Planning Inspectorate will now consider the details before making a recommendation to the Government, due in February.
The Government will then review the Planning Inspectorate’s recommendation and a final decision is expected to be made by May, with work potentially under way by the end of next year.
Among a wide package of work planned as part of the upgrade, a section of the A1 trunk road between Brampton and Alconbury will be widened, the road viaduct over the railway at Huntingdon will be removed and a new bypass will be built to the south of Huntingdon.
- 1 Tributes for Godmanchester mum Lisa Leader who passed away on Friday
- 2 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
- 3 Businesswoman who launched popular St Ives shop has died
- 4 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 5 Ex-wife of killer Colin Hill shares rape ordeal more than 30 years on
- 6 Overwhelming response to MND charity walk
- 7 Local businesses join forces to create a Christmas Beer
- 8 Health chiefs call for action amid rise in sexually transmitted infections
- 9 House set alight in Brampton
- 10 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
The proposed scheme starts at Ellington, on the existing A14 to the west of Huntingdon, and extends to the Milton junction on the Cambridge Northern Bypass.
If approved, the work is expected to be ongoing until 2020.
If you would like to attend the forum, e-mail A14CambridgeHuntingdon@highwaysengland.co.uk to express your interest.