Community forum will provide update on £1.5billion A14 upgrade
- Credit: Archant
The first in a series of community forums which will provide updates on the A14 upgrade is taking place on December 15.
Huntingdonshire residents are invited to attend the forum and will hear from Highways England officials, who will detail the work being done on the £1.5billion scheme.
The forum is taking place at 7pm at Wood Green Animal Shelter, London Road, in Godmanchester.
A spokesman for Highways England said: “Our first community forum will provide an opportunity to hear an update on the scheme so far and more detail on the design of the River Great Ouse crossing.”
Public examination of the A14 plans came to an end last month and the Planning Inspectorate will now consider the details before making a recommendation to the Government, due in February.
You may also want to watch:
The Government will then review the Planning Inspectorate’s recommendation and a final decision is expected to be made by May, with work potentially under way by the end of next year.
Among a wide package of work planned as part of the upgrade, a section of the A1 trunk road between Brampton and Alconbury will be widened, the road viaduct over the railway at Huntingdon will be removed and a new bypass will be built to the south of Huntingdon.
- 1 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 2 One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 3 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 4 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 5 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 6 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 7 Tim retires after 25 years with law firm
- 8 Do you remember the old cinemas in Huntingdonshire?
- 9 New griddle restaurant opens in St Neots
- 10 Hunts Post Reader Photos for this week
The proposed scheme starts at Ellington, on the existing A14 to the west of Huntingdon, and extends to the Milton junction on the Cambridge Northern Bypass.
If approved, the work is expected to be ongoing until 2020.
If you would like to attend the forum, e-mail A14CambridgeHuntingdon@highwaysengland.co.uk to express your interest.