Come on St Neots ... support the folk festival – it’s great!
I WOULD like to say a big thank-you to the organisers of the 31st St Neots Folk Festival. What a thoroughly enjoyable evening we had at the festival concert last Saturday. The music was professional, varied and hugely entertaining. What a shame there were so few in the audience!
If you like folk music then why don’t you check it out next year and support your town in keeping the folk tradition alive?
My Sweet Patootie, an acoustic roots group from rural Ontario played in the first half, along with Fake Thackray superbly performing Jake Thackray songs.
The Mighty Doonans kept us entertained for more than an hour in the second half with traditional folk rock songs, lively banter and Irish dancing. With a range of instruments from guitar and saxophone to piccolo and drums, they kept us on the edge of our seats, clapping and singing along with some of the choruses. Come on St Neots, we have a great performance venue and we need to keep it full or risk losing it!
You may also want to watch:
- 1 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 2 Fundraising day at St Neots pub
- 3 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 4 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 5 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 8 The changing face of forests and woods in Huntingdonshire
- 9 Huntingdon care home company scoops award in region's top 20
- 10 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online