Come on St Neots ... support the folk festival – it’s great!
I WOULD like to say a big thank-you to the organisers of the 31st St Neots Folk Festival. What a thoroughly enjoyable evening we had at the festival concert last Saturday. The music was professional, varied and hugely entertaining. What a shame there were so few in the audience!
If you like folk music then why don’t you check it out next year and support your town in keeping the folk tradition alive?
My Sweet Patootie, an acoustic roots group from rural Ontario played in the first half, along with Fake Thackray superbly performing Jake Thackray songs.
The Mighty Doonans kept us entertained for more than an hour in the second half with traditional folk rock songs, lively banter and Irish dancing. With a range of instruments from guitar and saxophone to piccolo and drums, they kept us on the edge of our seats, clapping and singing along with some of the choruses. Come on St Neots, we have a great performance venue and we need to keep it full or risk losing it!
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Shops, homes and office space plan for town centre building
- 2 St Neots man banned from pubs for two years
- 3 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 4 St Neots care assistant Jack set to shine in BBC Three's Glow Up
- 5 Memories of St Neots' town centre
- 6 Ventriloquist shares career highlights after retiring in Huntingdon
- 7 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 8 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 9 For sale: Spacious two bedroom bungalow with generous plots in Hartford
- 10 St Ives teenager donating her hair for charity