Come on St Neots ... support the folk festival – it’s great!
I WOULD like to say a big thank-you to the organisers of the 31st St Neots Folk Festival. What a thoroughly enjoyable evening we had at the festival concert last Saturday. The music was professional, varied and hugely entertaining. What a shame there were so few in the audience!
If you like folk music then why don’t you check it out next year and support your town in keeping the folk tradition alive?
My Sweet Patootie, an acoustic roots group from rural Ontario played in the first half, along with Fake Thackray superbly performing Jake Thackray songs.
The Mighty Doonans kept us entertained for more than an hour in the second half with traditional folk rock songs, lively banter and Irish dancing. With a range of instruments from guitar and saxophone to piccolo and drums, they kept us on the edge of our seats, clapping and singing along with some of the choruses. Come on St Neots, we have a great performance venue and we need to keep it full or risk losing it!
- 1 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 2 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 3 Fire Crews called to a blaze that started in a flat in St Ives
- 4 St Ives man undergoes pioneering heart treatment
- 5 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 6 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 7 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 8 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 9 Hundreds gather to see Santa on The Quay in St Ives
- 10 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today