Come on St Neots ... support the folk festival – it’s great!
I WOULD like to say a big thank-you to the organisers of the 31st St Neots Folk Festival. What a thoroughly enjoyable evening we had at the festival concert last Saturday. The music was professional, varied and hugely entertaining. What a shame there were so few in the audience!
If you like folk music then why don’t you check it out next year and support your town in keeping the folk tradition alive?
My Sweet Patootie, an acoustic roots group from rural Ontario played in the first half, along with Fake Thackray superbly performing Jake Thackray songs.
The Mighty Doonans kept us entertained for more than an hour in the second half with traditional folk rock songs, lively banter and Irish dancing. With a range of instruments from guitar and saxophone to piccolo and drums, they kept us on the edge of our seats, clapping and singing along with some of the choruses. Come on St Neots, we have a great performance venue and we need to keep it full or risk losing it!
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 2 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 3 Harrowing video warning from seriously ill 20-year-old who survived Covid
- 4 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 5 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 6 24-hour speaking event supports mental health charity
- 7 First patients in St Ives to receive Covid-19 vaccination
- 8 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 9 Wood Green animal charity launches appeal for new cattery
- 10 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week