Cocaine seized in dawn drugs raids
SIMULTANEOUS drug raids took place at four homes in Cambourne in the early hours of last Wednesday (October 18) morning. Police wearing riot gear burst in to the properties in Swansley Lane, School Lane and High Street at 7.15am and seized a quantity of C
SIMULTANEOUS drug raids took place at four homes in Cambourne in the early hours of last Wednesday (October 18) morning.
Police wearing riot gear burst in to the properties in Swansley Lane, School Lane and High Street at 7.15am and seized a quantity of Class A drugs, namely cocaine.
Between 50 to 60 officers in eight marked police cars and vans and the police dogs section were involved in the biggest drugs burst Cambourne has every seen.
Detective Sgt Martin Brunning: "The raids were a huge success, we were acting on intelligence and made several arrests. This is part of an ongoing crack down on drugs in the Cambridge area."
You may also want to watch:
Three arrests were made, a 35-year-old man from Cambourne was arrested and charged with possession of drugs and has been bailed until December 13. A 39-year-old woman was arrested on intent to supply class A drugs and was bailed until December 7. Allen Entwistler, 34, from Camborune was charged with theft to appear at Cambridge Magistrates Court on October 20.
One of the houses had been raided a couple of times in the past couple of years.
- 1 Woman left with a ‘bloodied nose’ in Huntingdon
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Jail for Fenstanton man who groomed teenager
- 4 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 5 Do you remember the old Megatron at Alconbury?
- 6 Woman in her 60s 'remains in serious condition' after B1514 crash
- 7 Drug dealing pair caught thanks to eagle-eyed neighbours
- 8 Family pay tribute to great grandfather who died in Buckden Road crash
- 9 Historic St Ives former grammar school site set for houses after £1m sale
- 10 Delays in Hartford due to crash between cyclist and motorist
Cambourne is Cambridgeshire's newest development and has only 3,000 houses but it has been classed as a police priority after incidents of anti-social behaviour with youths from nearby villages gathering in Cambourne in groups of up to 100.
Only last month the town's only pub, The Monkfield Arms was ramraided in the early hours of the morning. Thieves crashed in to the side of building and removed a cash machine.
INFORMATION: Anyone with information should contact Cambridgeshire Police on 0845 4564564 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.