Club blames young raiders
CHOCOLATE and out-of-date microwave burgers were stolen from Eynesbury Football Club in St Neots overnight . Club vice-chairman Graham Mills, who arrived the following lunch-time to the aftermath of the theft, said damage amounted to several hundred pound
CHOCOLATE and out-of-date microwave burgers were stolen from Eynesbury Football Club in St Neots overnight .
Club vice-chairman Graham Mills, who arrived the following lunch-time to the aftermath of the theft, said damage amounted to several hundred pounds.
He said: "It's going to cost £300 or £400 to fix the roof and ceiling, which is a lot of money to a club like this. We think it must be youngsters who knew the layout of the club."
The burglars also gained access to the beer cellar by forcing the handle. It is the second time the club has been targeted in 15 months, with thieves stealing similar items in November 2004. It is policy for there to be no valuables kept in the club though.
The break-in occurred between 6pm on Saturday (January 21) and midday on Sunday. Police are appealing for information.
INFORMATION: Contact the central division helpdesk on 0845 4564564 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 4 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 5 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 6 Hinchingbrooke Hospital get share of £4.5m to 'improve care'
- 7 St Ives man undergoes pioneering heart treatment
- 8 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 9 Hundreds gather to see Santa on The Quay in St Ives
- 10 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today