Club blames young raiders
CHOCOLATE and out-of-date microwave burgers were stolen from Eynesbury Football Club in St Neots overnight . Club vice-chairman Graham Mills, who arrived the following lunch-time to the aftermath of the theft, said damage amounted to several hundred pound
CHOCOLATE and out-of-date microwave burgers were stolen from Eynesbury Football Club in St Neots overnight .
Club vice-chairman Graham Mills, who arrived the following lunch-time to the aftermath of the theft, said damage amounted to several hundred pounds.
He said: "It's going to cost £300 or £400 to fix the roof and ceiling, which is a lot of money to a club like this. We think it must be youngsters who knew the layout of the club."
The burglars also gained access to the beer cellar by forcing the handle. It is the second time the club has been targeted in 15 months, with thieves stealing similar items in November 2004. It is policy for there to be no valuables kept in the club though.
You may also want to watch:
The break-in occurred between 6pm on Saturday (January 21) and midday on Sunday. Police are appealing for information.
INFORMATION: Contact the central division helpdesk on 0845 4564564 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
- 2 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 3 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 4 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 5 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
- 6 First post-lockdown Parkrun in St Neots held in memory of four runners
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 9 Roman millstone with 2,000-year-old engraving of penis to go on display
- 10 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life