Club blames young raiders
CHOCOLATE and out-of-date microwave burgers were stolen from Eynesbury Football Club in St Neots overnight . Club vice-chairman Graham Mills, who arrived the following lunch-time to the aftermath of the theft, said damage amounted to several hundred pound
CHOCOLATE and out-of-date microwave burgers were stolen from Eynesbury Football Club in St Neots overnight .
Club vice-chairman Graham Mills, who arrived the following lunch-time to the aftermath of the theft, said damage amounted to several hundred pounds.
He said: "It's going to cost £300 or £400 to fix the roof and ceiling, which is a lot of money to a club like this. We think it must be youngsters who knew the layout of the club."
The burglars also gained access to the beer cellar by forcing the handle. It is the second time the club has been targeted in 15 months, with thieves stealing similar items in November 2004. It is policy for there to be no valuables kept in the club though.
You may also want to watch:
The break-in occurred between 6pm on Saturday (January 21) and midday on Sunday. Police are appealing for information.
INFORMATION: Contact the central division helpdesk on 0845 4564564 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 Letter of the Week: Brexit gain for food bank!
- 2 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 3 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 4 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 5 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 6 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 7 Best Seat in the House - Meal boxes - are they an over-priced luxury?
- 8 More Readers' Photos for this week
- 9 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 10 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital