Close shave for charity funds
ANN BROUGHTON who had her hair shaved off in a shop window on her 58th birthday, has raised over £2,300 for breast cancer charities. Ann, from St Neots, had her close shave in the shop window of Brittains furnishers, where she works in St Neots High Stree
ANN BROUGHTON who had her hair shaved off in a shop window on her 58th birthday, has raised over £2,300 for breast cancer charities.
Ann, from St Neots, had her close shave in the shop window of Brittains furnishers, where she works in St Neots High Street. She said she expected to raise only about £500.
"I'm delighted, I got so much support from the company and customers and people I know from all sorts of places."
Ann decided to shed her locks - in deepest winter on January 24 - in moral support with her sister Pauline, who lives in Germany and is suffering from Hodgkins disease and her late sister, Carol who died of breast cancer in July 2005, having fought the disease for some years.
You may also want to watch:
Ann said: "I expected to be cold and bought some nice hats said but my hair has grown back quite quickly.
"I would particularly like to thank St Neots
- 1 Drug dealer who 'exploited vulnerable people' linked to 101 wraps of cocaine
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Man in his 80s dies in fatal Buckden Road crash at Brampton
- 4 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 5 Fundraisers hit £400,000 milestone after month of charity challenges
- 6 Computing pioneer Sir Clive Sinclair who had links to St Ives dies aged 81
- 7 Food business sponsors new kit for under-10s
- 8 Spuds in a bucket competition at the gardening club
- 9 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 10 Freed from custody, animal rights campaigner back at Camp Beagle
Conservative Club, the pilates group at Longsands College, the line dancing group at Paxton Village Hall, the congregation at the Baptist Church in New Street, St Neots, and employees at Rexroth and Cryvac in St Neots. I am very grateful to all of them.