CLICK TO LISTEN: Singer reaches final of Live and Unsigned competition
SINGER Katrina Polfrey, from Offord D Arcy has reached the semi-final of the national Live and Unsigned competition for up and coming artists. Having beaten thousands of hopefuls to get through the auditions, Katrina, 22, who writes her own material, sang
SINGER Katrina Polfrey, from Offord D'Arcy has reached the semi-final of the national Live and Unsigned competition for up and coming artists.
Having beaten thousands of hopefuls to get through the auditions, Katrina, 22, who writes her own material, sang in the regional final, at Bedford Corn Exchange on Sunday, April 18.
There were three shows on the day with 16 acts in each show.
Now Katrina has heard that she is going through to the second heat, the area final, again to be held at Bedford Corn Exchange on Sunday, May 17.
She told The Hunts Post: "It is so exciting. This was the first time that I had auditioned for this kind of competition and I am really pleased to have been chosen to go on to the next stage."
Among the numbers she will sing, will be her own composition, a jazz song called Tortured Soul.
- 1 Air Ambulance is called to serious crash on London Road in St Ives
- 2 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
- 3 House set alight in Brampton
- 4 Tributes for Godmanchester mum Lisa Leader who passed away on Friday
- 5 Businesswoman who launched popular St Ives shop has died
- 6 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 7 Local businesses join forces to create a Christmas Beer
- 8 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 9 Sawtry homes plan is approved
- 10 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
Katrina, a former Hinchingbrooke School pupil, whose day job is as a witness care officer for the courts service, sang last month at a ball held by The Hunts Post to raise money for the New Life Appeal for maternity services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital.
If she gets through the next round of the competition, she will be invited to sing at the grand, national final in Portsmouth on Saturday, June 27.
The overall winner of the competition will bag �20,000 as an investment in their career and introductions to scouts from record labels.