Church gets antique aid
ANTIQUES expert Thomas Plant helped raise £1,270 for St Mary s Church in Eaton Socon by casting his eye over some family heirlooms and keepsakes. Thomas, who regularly appears on the BBC television programme, Flog It!, was married at the church and return
ANTIQUES expert Thomas Plant helped raise £1,270 for St Mary's Church in Eaton Socon by casting his eye over some family heirlooms and keepsakes.
Thomas, who regularly appears on the BBC television programme, Flog It!, was married at the church and returned on Saturday, January 27, to help with fundraising.
Residents from Eaton Socon, St Neots and further afield were invited to attend a valuation day at the church and get some expert advice in return for a donation.
Thomas and his colleague gave valuations on almost 200 items - from paintings and ceramics to jewellery.
You may also want to watch:
"It was brilliant," he said. "I would definitely do it again, maybe late this year or early next year."
The money raised will be used for ongoing work on the church work. Further fundraising events are also being planned.
- 1 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 2 Fundraising day at St Neots pub
- 3 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 4 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 5 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 8 The changing face of forests and woods in Huntingdonshire
- 9 Huntingdon care home company scoops award in region's top 20
- 10 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
Linda Walton, a member of the parish church council, said: "It was absolutely wonderful. A really fun day with lots of people and smiles.
"It was nice as many people's interest was mainly in the history of their items rather than the money value.
"We would like to say thank you to all the local companies for their wonderful donations. They were all very generous.