Christmas Gigs Round-up
With Christmas getting ever closer, here s our pick of some of the best local gigs to warm your winter: DECEMBER 20: RICHARD BISIKER MEMORIAL GIG @ THE JUNCTION, CAMBRIDGE Richard Bisiker was a very popular teacher at Cambridge Regional College, who rec
With Christmas getting ever closer, here's our pick of some of the best local gigs to warm your winter:
DECEMBER 20: RICHARD BISIKER MEMORIAL GIG @ THE JUNCTION, CAMBRIDGE
Richard Bisiker was a very popular teacher at Cambridge Regional College, who recently died of cancer. This show is a tribute to his popularity and status, and features some great bands including the highly recommended J-Treol, The Mono Effect and a welcome Cambridge return for Badwell Ash. A very worthy event, doors are open at 7pm and tickets are £4 on the night.
DECEMBER 22: REPEAT CHRISTMAS PARTY @ THE MAN ON THE MOON
You may also want to watch:
For those who are looking for a more alternative Christmas party, those prolific people at Repeat Records have organised a very exciting evening. Featuring Caimbo, The Bomb Factory, David Goo and 9FoldPunch. 20 per cent of the profits go to War Child. Doors 7.30pm, tickets £5.
DECEMBER 23: THE DEADLINES, SOLVENT UK AND GUESTS @ THE PORTLAND ARMS, CAMBRIDGE
- 1 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 2 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 3 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
- 4 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 5 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
- 6 First post-lockdown Parkrun in St Neots held in memory of four runners
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 9 Roman millstone with 2,000-year-old engraving of penis to go on display
- 10 New plans on the horizon for Black Cat Radio
A really special treat, just two days before Christmas. The intimate, but always lively and eclectic setting of the Portland Arms (Mitchams Corner, Cambridge) is the venue for four of the county's brightest indie bands. The Deadlines (with yours truly on drums), Solvent UK, The Stray Embers and The Buffalo Club all take to the stage for a festive rock night, with the token Christmas track from each band a promise. Doors 7.30pm, tickets £4.
DECEMBER 31: AFTER4 @ THE AVIATOR, ST. IVES
It's been a successful year for After4, with gigs in Leicestershire, Cambridgeshire, Warwickshire and Buckinghamshire, as well as a mention in the NME and a well received new demo release. So, if you're stuck for something to do this New Year's Eve, the band's impending performance at the traditional pub that is the Aviator may well be what you're looking for. Tickets are £7.50 which also includes food, karaoke and a disco. RICHARD PAUL