Chippings blaze out

A FIRE at a recycling facility in Ellington has burned out after more than a fortnight. The blaze, in wood chippings at Huntingdon Recycling, was discovered on November 19. It is believed they spontaneously combusted. The fire caused problems around the d

A FIRE at a recycling facility in Ellington has burned out after more than a fortnight.

The blaze, in wood chippings at Huntingdon Recycling, was discovered on November 19. It is believed they spontaneously combusted.

The fire caused problems around the district, but particularly for Brampton residents, with people complaining of smells and a smoky atmosphere.

The blaze went out at the end of last week, staff at Huntingdon Recycling confirmed.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter