Charity success for pupils
LONGSANDS pupils are celebrating after year eight pupils collected £1,100 this year for Starlight and Clic Sargent charities. In January 2006, they gave £150 to each of these charities and at their year eight assembly last week, December 5, they handed
LONGSANDS pupils are celebrating after year eight pupils collected £1,100 this year for Starlight and Clic Sargent charities.
In January 2006, they gave £150 to each of these charities and at their year eight assembly last week, December 5, they handed over another £400 to each charity.
These particular charities were chosen as some pupils in the year have personal contact with families affected by childhood cancer.
Each tutor group thought of original methods to collect money, including pushing smarties across a path with your nose and welly throwing.
You may also want to watch:
Throughout the year the students are involved in fundraising for their chosen charities.
The school is presenting Snow White as its Christmas play this year.
- 1 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 2 'We want to help our market towns' - Funding plans extended due to pandemic
- 3 Patients avoided going to the doctor out of fear of 'catching Covid'
- 4 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 5 Huntingdon care home company scoops award in region's top 20
- 6 New community space opens at Alconbury Weald
- 7 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 8 Hoax caller flouted strict court order after just three days
- 9 Huntingdon mayor Karl Webb voted to stay in role for another year
- 10 Rise in Covid-positive pregnant women requiring critical care
The script and the songs for the pantomime has been written by Nick Perry, a teacher at the school since 1989.
Snow White is played by Laura Whybrow, the Dame is Mark Dominy, the Prince is Suzanne Allan, the Stepmother is Laura Mitcham - and the horse is played by Catriona Sherrit as the head and Jenna Spencer-Briggs as the back.
Pictured are members of the cast.
Picture: HELEN DRAKE 8025