Charity record audition
A CHRISTMAS record is being made to help children with cancer – and the organisers are holding open auditions. The creative agency, Black Pig, based in Royston, has announced the launch of its 2007 fundraising campaign for CLIC Sargent, in association wi
A CHRISTMAS record is being made to help children with cancer - and the organisers are holding open auditions.
The creative agency, Black Pig, based in Royston, has announced the launch of its 2007 fundraising campaign for CLIC Sargent, in association with Star Radio in Cambridge.
The aim of the campaign - named Stars in the Sty - is to produce a Christmas charity record which the public have the chance to feature on.
Budding pop stars should call 0844 4781010 (calls are charged up to 5p a minute, mobile rates may vary) to leave their contact details and their 30-second audition on the answering service.
You may also want to watch:
Five winners will be chosen to have a solo part on the song and 10 runners-up will have the chance to join in the chorus. All 15 will attend the recording day in a profess-ional recording studio in Luton on October 20.
Sarah-Jane Higgins, managing director of Black Pig, said: "We're always on the lookout for creative ways to help our community and the flurry of singing competitions spurred us to produce our own.
- 1 Body discovered in Hartford believed to be missing Nathan
- 2 Landmark A14 viaduct demolition is captured on camera
- 3 Mayor launches digital campaign to improve St Ives road network
- 4 Car crashes into safety barriers as driver flees scene
- 5 Burglars used paving slabs and sledge hammers to smash into homes
- 6 Hemingford Abbots launched 'fantastic scheme' during pandemic
- 7 Bonito Platito Coffee & Co opens in Hemingford Grey
- 8 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 9 What does 'being wealthy' mean?
- 10 Paedophile offered 'naked massages' to undercover police officer
"We want everyone to enter - children, mums, dads, grans and granddads. We'd love the song to get to the top of the download chart for Christmas but we can't do that without the public's support."
The single will be played on Star Radio and available for download from November. See www.starsinthesty.com