Charity film screening in Huntingdon to raise money in memory of Warren
A PREVIEW of an animated adventure film will be held tomorrow (Saturday, June 27) to raise money for safety improvements to a Huntingdon road where a teenager died. The charity screening of Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (Cert PG) is taking place at Ci
A PREVIEW of an animated adventure film will be held tomorrow (Saturday, June 27) to raise money for safety improvements to a Huntingdon road where a teenager died.
The charity screening of Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (Cert PG) is taking place at Cineworld in Huntingdon at 3.30pm.
It will be an advance screening shown in 3D before the film's general release in the UK in July.
Proceeds will go to the A141 footpath campaign, which aims to raise money for a �67,000 footpath to link the �400,000 light-controlled crossing at the Kings Ripton junction.
Safety improvements for the A141 in Huntingdon were called for after 16-year-old Warren Hay died in May 2007 after being hit a car as he crossed the road.
Since his death, the Warren Hay Road Safety Action Group, spearheaded by his mother, Maxine have been campaigning and fundraising for safe access to the park.
- 1 Evidence of Huntingdon's past revealed during excavations
- 2 BID's new Huntingdon town manager
- 3 Bypass and junction improvements preferred plan for St Ives
- 4 Camp Beagle protestor has charges against him dropped
- 5 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 6 Plumbing ringleader who ‘traded under multiple names’ jailed
- 7 St Neots man in court on drugs charges
- 8 Anglian Water seeks funding to secure the future of an ancient Sea Monster
- 9 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape
- 10 Horrible deja vu for Gill as St Neots Town find another way to miss victory
Cambridgeshire County Council has agreed to start work on the path while the action group continue to fundraise for the remaining �7,000 needed.
It is hoped the Cineworld screening will help raise thousands of pounds for the footpath campaign.
Mrs Hay said: "I'm really happy Cineworld have chosen to support this project it means a lot when large companies recognise the importance of issues affecting their community. I love the Ice Age films and fingers crossed it will be a sell out."
A spokesman for Cineworld said they are supporting the campaign because they are a community based cinema that wherever possible gets involved with community projects.
Ice Age: The Dawn of the Dinosaurs is the third in the Fox Corporation animated Ice Age franchise. The film follows Manny (Ray Romano) and his friends on their latest adventure. Scrat (Chris Wedge) finds romance with a female sabre-toothed squirrel named Scratte and Manny and Ellie (Queen Latifah) are expecting a baby. Meanwhile Sid (John Leguizamo) hijacks some dinosaur eggs and meets a one-eyed weasel called Buck (Simon Pegg).
INFORMATION: Tickets cost �15 for adults and �10 for children and are on sale at the Cineworld box office in Huntingdon or by phoning 0871 2002000.