Charging points for electric cars? Another waste of money
ONCE again that near-mythical beast, the electric/coal-powered car, is wasting tax payers’ money. Putting up these electric points is a bit like putting peanuts on a bird table in the hopes of spotting a rare bird. It seems no one has used them yet.
Electric cars are a total waste of money, though a fool and his money are easily parted. Heavily subsidised (that’s our taxes being wasted
again) they still cost two or three times more than an ordinary car; have a range of 60 miles on a warm day - thirty or less in winter; have no heating and will leave you stranded and having to be towed home. Where’s the use in that?
Rev PHILIP FOSTER
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 2 Driver of fully laden HGV who failed breath test 'couldn't stand up unaided'
- 3 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 4 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 5 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 6 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 7 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 8 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 9 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 10 Plastic burgers and teething troubles - the Modern Mum