Charging points for electric cars? Another waste of money
ONCE again that near-mythical beast, the electric/coal-powered car, is wasting tax payers’ money. Putting up these electric points is a bit like putting peanuts on a bird table in the hopes of spotting a rare bird. It seems no one has used them yet.
Electric cars are a total waste of money, though a fool and his money are easily parted. Heavily subsidised (that’s our taxes being wasted
again) they still cost two or three times more than an ordinary car; have a range of 60 miles on a warm day - thirty or less in winter; have no heating and will leave you stranded and having to be towed home. Where’s the use in that?
Rev PHILIP FOSTER
- 1 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 2 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 3 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
- 4 London Luton Airport and NATS will go ahead with Huntingdonshire flight path
- 5 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 6 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 7 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 8 Man dies following crash on A1198 near St Ives last month
- 9 Sawtry Village Academy support 'DOGTOBER' initiative
- 10 St Ives cocaine dealer is jailed