Charging points for electric cars? Another waste of money
ONCE again that near-mythical beast, the electric/coal-powered car, is wasting tax payers’ money. Putting up these electric points is a bit like putting peanuts on a bird table in the hopes of spotting a rare bird. It seems no one has used them yet.
Electric cars are a total waste of money, though a fool and his money are easily parted. Heavily subsidised (that’s our taxes being wasted
again) they still cost two or three times more than an ordinary car; have a range of 60 miles on a warm day - thirty or less in winter; have no heating and will leave you stranded and having to be towed home. Where’s the use in that?
Rev PHILIP FOSTER
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
- 2 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 3 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 4 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 5 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
- 6 First post-lockdown Parkrun in St Neots held in memory of four runners
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 9 Roman millstone with 2,000-year-old engraving of penis to go on display
- 10 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life