Changes not for better
WHAT on earth are the local authorities doing to our town? First they take away the covered areas, so there is nowhere to shelter from the rain, then they put seating in St Benedict s Court that s made of cold metal that no one can sit on for days after
WHAT on earth are the local authorities doing to our town?
First they take away the covered areas, so there is nowhere to shelter from the rain, then they put seating in St Benedict's Court that's made of cold metal that no one can sit on for days after it's been raining because the rain just lies there, rendering the seating useless.
And who wants to sit on cold metal at the best of times, let alone cold, wintry days?
I feel they missed a great opportunity here when they could have made the seating a covered area.
You may also want to watch:
Then we have the fountain that's used at night as a public toilet. I think that a sign should be put up to make people aware of this, to stop young children touching the contaminated water.
What have they done with our nice black and gold information signs that used to be at the entrance to St Benedict's Court? I know we have our nice new computer information stand there now, but not everyone knows how to use a computer, so why can't we have both?
- 1 Brampton Post Office customers say fond farewell to postmaster
- 2 Man who died in road crash is named
- 3 St Neots man banned from pubs for two years
- 4 Organic Hunts beauty company Bossy Glossy gets celebrity support
- 5 Shops, homes and office space plan for town centre building
- 6 Fish and Chip shop wins award
- 7 Free Covid testing kits now available at some pharmacies
- 8 Kimbolton business announces new CEO
- 9 Primary school earns Fairtrade status
- 10 Memories of St Neots' town centre
Now we have signs recently put up that you practically have to stand on your head to read because they have been erected vertically.
When are we going to get some public toilets in the town? I went to one of the forward planning forums to discuss this issue, and was told that the local authorities will not be providing any in their forward plans and that it would be up to a developer to provide these.
V R KELLY, Miller Way, Brampton