Chance to have say on urban village
THE people of St Neots will have the chance on Friday to see how an area of the town centre could be redeveloped to create St Mary s urban village . The area lies between High Street and Brook Street to the west of St Mary s Church and was identified for
THE people of St Neots will have the chance on Friday to see how an area of the town centre could be redeveloped to create 'St Mary's urban village'.
The area lies between High Street and Brook Street to the west of St Mary's Church and was identified for enhancement in a document produced for Huntingdonshire District Council by the Civic Trust looking at the future development of the town centre.
Currently in a run-down state, the area includes Brook House, one of the most important properties in St Neots, built in the 1700s.
The plan for the area is to develop it with homes and shops, and space for offices.
You may also want to watch:
It envisages Brook House possibly being refurbished as offices, expansion of the church hall, and creative office space in a former chapel.
After comments have been analysed and considered for inclusion, the final document will provide a blueprint to guide developers and other groups.
- 1 Brampton Post Office customers say fond farewell to postmaster
- 2 Man who died in road crash is named
- 3 St Neots man banned from pubs for two years
- 4 Organic Hunts beauty company Bossy Glossy gets celebrity support
- 5 Shops, homes and office space plan for town centre building
- 6 Fish and Chip shop wins award
- 7 Free Covid testing kits now available at some pharmacies
- 8 Kimbolton business announces new CEO
- 9 Primary school earns Fairtrade status
- 10 Memories of St Neots' town centre
INFORMATION: The proposals will be on display on Friday from 2-7pm at St Mary's Church Hall, Brook Street. The complete document is on HDC's website www.huntsdc.gov.uk