Chance to have say on urban village
THE people of St Neots will have the chance on Friday to see how an area of the town centre could be redeveloped to create St Mary s urban village . The area lies between High Street and Brook Street to the west of St Mary s Church and was identified for
THE people of St Neots will have the chance on Friday to see how an area of the town centre could be redeveloped to create 'St Mary's urban village'.
The area lies between High Street and Brook Street to the west of St Mary's Church and was identified for enhancement in a document produced for Huntingdonshire District Council by the Civic Trust looking at the future development of the town centre.
Currently in a run-down state, the area includes Brook House, one of the most important properties in St Neots, built in the 1700s.
The plan for the area is to develop it with homes and shops, and space for offices.
It envisages Brook House possibly being refurbished as offices, expansion of the church hall, and creative office space in a former chapel.
After comments have been analysed and considered for inclusion, the final document will provide a blueprint to guide developers and other groups.
- 1 Air Ambulance is called to serious crash on London Road in St Ives
- 2 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
- 3 House set alight in Brampton
- 4 Tributes for Godmanchester mum Lisa Leader who passed away on Friday
- 5 Businesswoman who launched popular St Ives shop has died
- 6 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 7 Local businesses join forces to create a Christmas Beer
- 8 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 9 Sawtry homes plan is approved
- 10 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
INFORMATION: The proposals will be on display on Friday from 2-7pm at St Mary's Church Hall, Brook Street. The complete document is on HDC's website www.huntsdc.gov.uk