Chance to be a leader
A YOUNG person is being offered a free place on a leadership skills course at Grafham Water, sponsored by Huntingdon Rotary Club. This year, a group of up to 45 young men and women from the East of England will take the course and one of them will be spo
A YOUNG person is being offered a free place on a leadership skills course at Grafham Water, sponsored by Huntingdon Rotary Club.
This year, a group of up to 45 young men and women from the East of England will take the course and one of them will be sponsored by Huntingdon Rotary.
The course is scheduled for July 28 to August 4. The candidate should be between the ages of 18 and 26, and must be prepared to commit to the whole week.
Then, at a suitable date afterwards, he/she should be prepared to speak to the club at one of its lunch meetings about the experience.
The candidate must be physically fit, and able to swim, as they will face a programme of watersports, practical initiative tests, learning interpersonal skills, camping, map-reading and problem solving.
Also included are computer-based exercises, lectures on attitudes of management and visits to local organisations to discuss and examine structures and policies.
- 1 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 2 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 3 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 4 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 5 Garages to to be replaced by affordable housing
- 6 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 7 St Ives Town Mayor visits The Filling Station and tries new Christmas Beer
- 8 A look at how people prepared for Christmas in the last 100 years
- 9 Woman dies in crash on London Road in St Ives
- 10 Huntingdon Racecourse - surviving the pandemic and then came the floods!
Huntingdon Rotary Club will pay the full fees for the week, and the only cost to the candidate will be for personal expenses.
INFORMATION: Contact Alan Kerrison on 01354 605839 before the end of February.