Chance to be a leader
A YOUNG person is being offered a free place on a leadership skills course at Grafham Water, sponsored by Huntingdon Rotary Club. This year, a group of up to 45 young men and women from the East of England will take the course and one of them will be spo
A YOUNG person is being offered a free place on a leadership skills course at Grafham Water, sponsored by Huntingdon Rotary Club.
This year, a group of up to 45 young men and women from the East of England will take the course and one of them will be sponsored by Huntingdon Rotary.
The course is scheduled for July 28 to August 4. The candidate should be between the ages of 18 and 26, and must be prepared to commit to the whole week.
Then, at a suitable date afterwards, he/she should be prepared to speak to the club at one of its lunch meetings about the experience.
You may also want to watch:
The candidate must be physically fit, and able to swim, as they will face a programme of watersports, practical initiative tests, learning interpersonal skills, camping, map-reading and problem solving.
Also included are computer-based exercises, lectures on attitudes of management and visits to local organisations to discuss and examine structures and policies.
- 1 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
- 2 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 3 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 4 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 5 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
- 6 First post-lockdown Parkrun in St Neots held in memory of four runners
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 9 Roman millstone with 2,000-year-old engraving of penis to go on display
- 10 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
Huntingdon Rotary Club will pay the full fees for the week, and the only cost to the candidate will be for personal expenses.
INFORMATION: Contact Alan Kerrison on 01354 605839 before the end of February.