Chance missed to deal with Paxton bridges
INITIALLY when I read the headline �7.5m to end traffic chaos (March 11) my reaction was: at last. Then I started to read the content. Whose decision-making process is this to spend so much on the town, when for over 25 years the bridges at Little Paxto
INITIALLY when I read the headline "�7.5m to end traffic chaos" (March 11) my reaction was: at last. Then I started to read the content.
Whose decision-making process is this to spend so much on the town, when for over 25 years the bridges at Little Paxton have been crying out for improvement. In my recent correspondence during the flooding I even proffered a means to fund the project.
All around St Neots we have seen millions of pounds spent on road improvements and then, just a few years later, minds changed and the millions spent are wasted on yet more improvements.
The roundabout on the A428 at Cambourne springs to mind: and then just a few years later a dual carriageway goes through. And what about Brampton Hut? Not that long ago the flyover and new big roundabout. Now it's to be totally bypassed.
You may also want to watch:
What about the bridges of Little Paxton? Always the bridesmaid, never the bride?
- 1 Seven arrested after £70k-worth of bicycles stolen
- 2 Huntingdon 'predator' jailed for raping woman at his home
- 3 Village job club providing vital service
- 4 Alconbury to benefit from £200,000 flood protection funding
- 5 Fundraising day at St Neots pub
- 6 New project will enhance river at Godmanchester
- 7 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 8 Group charged in connection with Rutland Cycling burglary
- 9 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls