Chance missed to deal with Paxton bridges
INITIALLY when I read the headline �7.5m to end traffic chaos (March 11) my reaction was: at last. Then I started to read the content. Whose decision-making process is this to spend so much on the town, when for over 25 years the bridges at Little Paxto
INITIALLY when I read the headline "�7.5m to end traffic chaos" (March 11) my reaction was: at last. Then I started to read the content.
Whose decision-making process is this to spend so much on the town, when for over 25 years the bridges at Little Paxton have been crying out for improvement. In my recent correspondence during the flooding I even proffered a means to fund the project.
All around St Neots we have seen millions of pounds spent on road improvements and then, just a few years later, minds changed and the millions spent are wasted on yet more improvements.
The roundabout on the A428 at Cambourne springs to mind: and then just a few years later a dual carriageway goes through. And what about Brampton Hut? Not that long ago the flyover and new big roundabout. Now it's to be totally bypassed.
You may also want to watch:
What about the bridges of Little Paxton? Always the bridesmaid, never the bride?
- 1 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 2 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 3 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 4 Hinchingbrooke paediatrician’s relief after getting Covid-19 vaccine
- 5 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 6 HSBC is to close its branch in Huntingdon, it has been announced
- 7 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 8 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 9 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 10 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years