Chance missed to deal with Paxton bridges
INITIALLY when I read the headline �7.5m to end traffic chaos (March 11) my reaction was: at last. Then I started to read the content. Whose decision-making process is this to spend so much on the town, when for over 25 years the bridges at Little Paxto
INITIALLY when I read the headline "�7.5m to end traffic chaos" (March 11) my reaction was: at last. Then I started to read the content.
Whose decision-making process is this to spend so much on the town, when for over 25 years the bridges at Little Paxton have been crying out for improvement. In my recent correspondence during the flooding I even proffered a means to fund the project.
All around St Neots we have seen millions of pounds spent on road improvements and then, just a few years later, minds changed and the millions spent are wasted on yet more improvements.
The roundabout on the A428 at Cambourne springs to mind: and then just a few years later a dual carriageway goes through. And what about Brampton Hut? Not that long ago the flyover and new big roundabout. Now it's to be totally bypassed.
What about the bridges of Little Paxton? Always the bridesmaid, never the bride?
- 1 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 2 Two-day closure set for B661 between Great Staughton and Grafham Water
- 3 Eight Huntingdon children handed anti-social behaviour interventions
- 4 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 5 Meet the Sassy Lassies cycling group encouraging women in Huntingdonshire to ride
- 6 A "determined" Huntingdon man takes on Everest after a double lung transplant
- 7 Suspected case of bird flu in swan reported to DEFRA
- 8 Recap: Lorry and car crash at A141-A1307 junction in Huntingdon
- 9 New homes plan for Huntingdonshire village
- 10 Police check home of 101-year-old animal rights patron for stolen beagles