Chance missed to deal with Paxton bridges
INITIALLY when I read the headline �7.5m to end traffic chaos (March 11) my reaction was: at last. Then I started to read the content. Whose decision-making process is this to spend so much on the town, when for over 25 years the bridges at Little Paxto
INITIALLY when I read the headline "�7.5m to end traffic chaos" (March 11) my reaction was: at last. Then I started to read the content.
Whose decision-making process is this to spend so much on the town, when for over 25 years the bridges at Little Paxton have been crying out for improvement. In my recent correspondence during the flooding I even proffered a means to fund the project.
All around St Neots we have seen millions of pounds spent on road improvements and then, just a few years later, minds changed and the millions spent are wasted on yet more improvements.
The roundabout on the A428 at Cambourne springs to mind: and then just a few years later a dual carriageway goes through. And what about Brampton Hut? Not that long ago the flyover and new big roundabout. Now it's to be totally bypassed.
You may also want to watch:
What about the bridges of Little Paxton? Always the bridesmaid, never the bride?
- 1 East West Rail Route - further consultation going ahead
- 2 Is this the ghost of a nun who haunts an old Huntingdon bridge?
- 3 Man who died in road crash is named
- 4 Man escapes ‘shocking case’ of modern slavery at hand car wash
- 5 Transporter carrying cars bursts into flames in village near St Neots
- 6 Brampton Post Office customers say fond farewell to postmaster
- 7 Kimbolton business announces new CEO
- 8 Godmanchester man used Grindr in attempt to meet ‘teenage boy’
- 9 Fish and Chip shop wins award
- 10 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation