Chance missed to deal with Paxton bridges
INITIALLY when I read the headline �7.5m to end traffic chaos (March 11) my reaction was: at last. Then I started to read the content. Whose decision-making process is this to spend so much on the town, when for over 25 years the bridges at Little Paxto
INITIALLY when I read the headline "�7.5m to end traffic chaos" (March 11) my reaction was: at last. Then I started to read the content.
Whose decision-making process is this to spend so much on the town, when for over 25 years the bridges at Little Paxton have been crying out for improvement. In my recent correspondence during the flooding I even proffered a means to fund the project.
All around St Neots we have seen millions of pounds spent on road improvements and then, just a few years later, minds changed and the millions spent are wasted on yet more improvements.
The roundabout on the A428 at Cambourne springs to mind: and then just a few years later a dual carriageway goes through. And what about Brampton Hut? Not that long ago the flyover and new big roundabout. Now it's to be totally bypassed.
What about the bridges of Little Paxton? Always the bridesmaid, never the bride?
- 1 Air Ambulance is called to serious crash on London Road in St Ives
- 2 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
- 3 Elderly woman dies in serious crash on London Road in St Ives
- 4 House set alight in Brampton
- 5 Tributes for Godmanchester mum Lisa Leader who passed away on Friday
- 6 Businesswoman who launched popular St Ives shop has died
- 7 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 8 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 9 Sawtry homes plan is approved
- 10 Pedestrian killed crossing road