CHALLENGING the behaviour of bullies was just one of the issues tackled by the St Neots Schools Forum during a series of events for anti-bullying week. All the primary and secondary schools in the St Neots area and surrounding villages, have been working
CHALLENGING the behaviour of bullies was just one of the issues tackled by the St Neots Schools Forum during a series of events for anti-bullying week.
All the primary and secondary schools in the St Neots area and surrounding villages, have been working together to understand bullying and how they can challenge it.
The aim is to ensure that young people, parents, and school staff, have a common understanding of the problem and its effects and create strategies to support young people.
During the launch week, there were special assemblies and a design-a-leaflet competition. The winning leaflets from each school will be printed and distributed to parents this term.
You may also want to watch:
At St Mary's Primary School, pupils explored the issue of bullying through drama and ICT lessons and created a news story about the subject.
Older students at Great Paxton Primary School listened to a talk from a visitor who gave a first-hand account of her schooldays when she was both a victim of bullying and accused of being a bully herself. This provoked a lively discussion among the children.
- 1 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 2 Slepe Hall Hotel in St Ives has new owners
- 3 Men who threatened shop workers with an axe are jailed
- 4 Who is in the running for police and crime commissioner in Cambs
- 5 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 6 Cambs police officer saves life of man who overdosed in park
- 7 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 8 Election Special: Who's standing where in Huntingdonshire
- 9 'Keeping things simple' is key to business success for St Neots firm
- 10 Huntingdon business is first in UK to supply American craft beer
And at Longsands College, assemblies included Year 9 students performing role plays to show how to deal with bullies.
Our picture shows pupils at Longsands in role-play and talking about the subject.Picture: SUPPLIED