CHALLENGING the behaviour of bullies was just one of the issues tackled by the St Neots Schools Forum during a series of events for anti-bullying week. All the primary and secondary schools in the St Neots area and surrounding villages, have been working
CHALLENGING the behaviour of bullies was just one of the issues tackled by the St Neots Schools Forum during a series of events for anti-bullying week.
All the primary and secondary schools in the St Neots area and surrounding villages, have been working together to understand bullying and how they can challenge it.
The aim is to ensure that young people, parents, and school staff, have a common understanding of the problem and its effects and create strategies to support young people.
During the launch week, there were special assemblies and a design-a-leaflet competition. The winning leaflets from each school will be printed and distributed to parents this term.
You may also want to watch:
At St Mary's Primary School, pupils explored the issue of bullying through drama and ICT lessons and created a news story about the subject.
Older students at Great Paxton Primary School listened to a talk from a visitor who gave a first-hand account of her schooldays when she was both a victim of bullying and accused of being a bully herself. This provoked a lively discussion among the children.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 Drug dealer who 'exploited vulnerable people' linked to 101 wraps of cocaine
- 3 Man in his 80s dies in fatal Buckden Road crash at Brampton
- 4 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 5 Fundraisers hit £400,000 milestone after month of charity challenges
- 6 Wanted woman accused of killing children in M1 crash could be in Huntingdon
- 7 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 8 Computing pioneer Sir Clive Sinclair who had links to St Ives dies aged 81
- 9 Spuds in a bucket competition at the gardening club
- 10 Awards for firm celebrating 10th anniversary
And at Longsands College, assemblies included Year 9 students performing role plays to show how to deal with bullies.
Our picture shows pupils at Longsands in role-play and talking about the subject.Picture: SUPPLIED