Celebration of local produce
THE Huntingdonshire Food and Drink Festival could attract up to 5,000 people to the main event this September, providing a huge potential customer base for many of the district s restaurants, food producers, and pubs as well as kitchen experts and creator
THE Huntingdonshire Food and Drink Festival could attract up to 5,000 people to the main event this September, providing a huge potential customer base for many of the district's restaurants, food producers, and pubs as well as kitchen experts and creators of chocolate treats.
Taking place on Sunday, September 9, Food Fest 07 is one of the highlights of the festival.
The one-day extravaganza, which takes place at Wood Green Animal Shelters in Godmanchester, will be a celebration of local food and drink.
As well as stalls showing their ware and cookery demonstrations, there will be plenty of chance to taste the produce and even try a few different food crafts.
You may also want to watch:
Public interest in the event is growing rapidly, and the event has already attracted Huntingdonshire companies that offer some of the finest food, drink and ingredients in the district.
The Barn Restaurant, the Fudge Factory, the Black Bull, Cobs Bakery, Browns of Stilton and Glebe Farm Organic Flour will join the likes of Waitrose and The Old Bridge.
- 1 Man in his 80s dies in fatal Buckden Road crash at Brampton
- 2 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 3 Police find string of ponies in middle of Cambridgeshire road
- 4 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 5 Wanted woman accused of killing children in M1 crash could be in Huntingdon
- 6 Freed from custody, animal rights campaigner back at Camp Beagle
- 7 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 8 Co-op grocery delivery robots are coming to Cambridgeshire
- 9 446 catalytic converter thefts in just 8 months reported in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Godmanchester author reveals amazing accounts of Second World War in new book
Organised by Huntingdonshire District Council, the event is being billed as a must for food fans.
INFORMATION: For food and drink companies who have yet to sign up to Food Fest, there still is a chance to be involved, but you need to act soon. To make sure you do not miss out call FAB! Festival Coordinators on 0870 389 3210 or firstname.lastname@example.org