Celebration of local produce
THE Huntingdonshire Food and Drink Festival could attract up to 5,000 people to the main event this September, providing a huge potential customer base for many of the district s restaurants, food producers, and pubs as well as kitchen experts and creator
THE Huntingdonshire Food and Drink Festival could attract up to 5,000 people to the main event this September, providing a huge potential customer base for many of the district's restaurants, food producers, and pubs as well as kitchen experts and creators of chocolate treats.
Taking place on Sunday, September 9, Food Fest 07 is one of the highlights of the festival.
The one-day extravaganza, which takes place at Wood Green Animal Shelters in Godmanchester, will be a celebration of local food and drink.
As well as stalls showing their ware and cookery demonstrations, there will be plenty of chance to taste the produce and even try a few different food crafts.
Public interest in the event is growing rapidly, and the event has already attracted Huntingdonshire companies that offer some of the finest food, drink and ingredients in the district.
The Barn Restaurant, the Fudge Factory, the Black Bull, Cobs Bakery, Browns of Stilton and Glebe Farm Organic Flour will join the likes of Waitrose and The Old Bridge.
- 1 Police called to reports of violence in Huntingdon
- 2 Planning proposal for a new café to be reviewed by St Neots Town Council
- 3 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 4 Police officer speaks out after violent assault left bleed on brain
- 5 Ramsey students crowned winners in science competition
- 6 Home of the Week
- 7 Family pay tribute to 'hard worker' father killed in A14 crash
- 8 Lack of dentists in Cambridgeshire sees people pulling their own teeth
- 9 No water relief for depleted rivers and reservoirs with another heatwave forecast
- 10 Dancers Jive, tango and have fun at the Illumination Dance Masquerade Ball
Organised by Huntingdonshire District Council, the event is being billed as a must for food fans.
INFORMATION: For food and drink companies who have yet to sign up to Food Fest, there still is a chance to be involved, but you need to act soon. To make sure you do not miss out call FAB! Festival Coordinators on 0870 389 3210 or email@example.com