Celebrating 10 years of theatre
Members, both past and present, of Huntingdon Youth Theatre gathered to celebrate the company s tenth birthday. The Mayor of Huntingdon, Councillor Helen Mallett, was among 100 friends of the youth theatre to surprise the guest of honour and company found
Members, both past and present, of Huntingdon Youth Theatre gathered to celebrate the company's tenth birthday. The Mayor of Huntingdon, Councillor Helen Mallett, was among 100 friends of the youth theatre to surprise the guest of honour and company founder, Dominic Whitehead.
To celebrate the special occasion, actors performed excerpts of the many productions which the youth theatre has staged over the decade.
Today's members were inspired by the presence of professional actress, Jess Hooker, who was one of the first youngsters to take to the stage for the company. She returned to the Commemoration Hall stage to reprise her original role of Mrs Beauregarde in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
Founder of the youth theatre, Dominic Whitehead said: "I was delighted to be the guest of honour at a surprise party organised by the leaders and members of Huntingdon Youth Theatre.
You may also want to watch:
"We were joined by many of the old friends and supporters who have made the theatre what it is today - a thriving group teaching drama to young people from the age of 11 upwards."
Other guests included former town mayor Ruth Pugh, Councillors Geoff and Claire Dutton, President of Hinchingbrooke Rotary Club Lynne Holden and District Governor of Rotary, Bob Hulstrom.
- 1 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
- 2 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 3 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 4 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 5 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
- 6 First post-lockdown Parkrun in St Neots held in memory of four runners
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 9 Roman millstone with 2,000-year-old engraving of penis to go on display
- 10 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life