Celebrate as carnival’s coming to town
SOMERSHAM Carnival promises to be a week of fun, frolics, and frivolity with a host of activities and attractions on offer to the whole family – including a contest to find the dog with the waggiest tail. The fun begins on Saturday June 10 with a childre
SOMERSHAM Carnival promises to be a week of fun, frolics, and frivolity with a host of activities and attractions on offer to the whole family - including a contest to find the dog with the waggiest tail.
The fun begins on Saturday June 10 with a children's party time at 3pm and a carnival quiz at 8pm in the Victory Hall.
On Sunday June 11 there will be a country craft competition, a family cycle ride, a five-a-side football match and a dog show. Judging for the dog show will take place from 3pm and there will be a category for the dog with the waggiest tail and a dog and owner who look the most alike.
On Monday June 12 there will be a performance from Somersham Junior Town Band. On Tuesday June 13 there is the chance to take part in a car treasure hunt and a pool and darts tournament.
You may also want to watch:
On Wednesday June 14 there will be family bingo. On Thursday June 15 there will be an opportunity for people to explore the footpaths around Somersham.
On Friday June 16 judging of the best-dressed shop window will take place.
- 1 Letter of the Week: Brexit gain for food bank!
- 2 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 3 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 4 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 5 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 6 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 7 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Best Seat in the House - Meal boxes - are they an over-priced luxury?
- 9 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 10 Hunts Post Reader Photos for this week
The main attraction will take place on Saturday June 17 when there will be a carnival procession with floats.
People are asked to meet at the north end of Trundle at 1pm to follow the procession.
The theme for this year's carnival is The Ocean and people are being invited to dress up as their favourite sea creature and enter into the fancy dress competition.
A performance from Somersham Town Band, a fancy dress competition, a baby competition and a tug of war competition will also take place on the Saturday.
There will also be a musical performance by High Mileage and Carl Brooker Disco on Saturday June 17 at 8pm at the Victory Hall.
The final day of fun will take place on Sunday June 18 with The Churches of Somersham Celebration Service.