Cash to roll in
AN 18-HOUR rock n roll party will descend on Pidley next month in aid of a local charity. John Armstrong raised more then £1,500 for Warboys doctors surgery when he marked his 60th birthday with an 18-hour disco last year. This time, John and his wife,
AN 18-HOUR rock 'n' roll party will descend on Pidley next month in aid of a local charity.
John Armstrong raised more then £1,500 for Warboys doctors' surgery when he marked his 60th birthday with an 18-hour disco last year. This time, John and his wife, Doreen, are raising money for Pidley Mountain Rescue and Pidley Village Hall.
Doreen said: "The hall and social club are actually the home of Pidley Mountain Rescue, so we're killing two birds with one stone."
The charity raises money to buy equipment that helps disabled people in Huntingdonshire.
You may also want to watch:
The event will also feature a vintage vehicle show, and Doreen urges anyone with a classic car to just turn up on September 1 at 11am. English cream teas and cakes will also be served.
Partygoers can expect a visit from the Monster Raving Looney Party and one visitor could win £100 in the raffle.
- 1 Drug dealer who 'exploited vulnerable people' linked to 101 wraps of cocaine
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Man in his 80s dies in fatal Buckden Road crash at Brampton
- 4 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 5 Fundraisers hit £400,000 milestone after month of charity challenges
- 6 Computing pioneer Sir Clive Sinclair who had links to St Ives dies aged 81
- 7 Food business sponsors new kit for under-10s
- 8 Spuds in a bucket competition at the gardening club
- 9 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 10 Freed from custody, animal rights campaigner back at Camp Beagle
DJ John will be playing music for at least 12 hours before a live band, The Ghost Riders, join the party in the evening.
John said: "I'd like to see lots of people coming to raise funds for a worthwhile cause and have a great time."
INFORMATION: The event takes place on September 1, from 6am to midnight, at Pidley Village Hall. Contact John and Doreen on 01487 842751 for more information.