Cash to roll in
AN 18-HOUR rock n roll party will descend on Pidley next month in aid of a local charity. John Armstrong raised more then £1,500 for Warboys doctors surgery when he marked his 60th birthday with an 18-hour disco last year. This time, John and his wife,
AN 18-HOUR rock 'n' roll party will descend on Pidley next month in aid of a local charity.
John Armstrong raised more then £1,500 for Warboys doctors' surgery when he marked his 60th birthday with an 18-hour disco last year. This time, John and his wife, Doreen, are raising money for Pidley Mountain Rescue and Pidley Village Hall.
Doreen said: "The hall and social club are actually the home of Pidley Mountain Rescue, so we're killing two birds with one stone."
The charity raises money to buy equipment that helps disabled people in Huntingdonshire.
The event will also feature a vintage vehicle show, and Doreen urges anyone with a classic car to just turn up on September 1 at 11am. English cream teas and cakes will also be served.
Partygoers can expect a visit from the Monster Raving Looney Party and one visitor could win £100 in the raffle.
- 1 Outdoor inflatable water park returns to Huntingdonshire
- 2 Jail for man who boasted he was the St Ives 'weed man'
- 3 Woman has 'medical episode' during A1(M) crash
- 4 13-year-old helped to rescue distressed paddleboarders
- 5 Thousands come together at RAF Wyton for Armed Forces Day
- 6 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 7 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
- 8 Man fined £300 after being linked to fly-tipping
- 9 Two-day closure set for B661 between Great Staughton and Grafham Water
- 10 John Major's 'bad luck' comment is 'absolutely disgraceful' says son of victim
DJ John will be playing music for at least 12 hours before a live band, The Ghost Riders, join the party in the evening.
John said: "I'd like to see lots of people coming to raise funds for a worthwhile cause and have a great time."
INFORMATION: The event takes place on September 1, from 6am to midnight, at Pidley Village Hall. Contact John and Doreen on 01487 842751 for more information.