Cash to roll in
AN 18-HOUR rock n roll party will descend on Pidley next month in aid of a local charity. John Armstrong raised more then £1,500 for Warboys doctors surgery when he marked his 60th birthday with an 18-hour disco last year. This time, John and his wife,
AN 18-HOUR rock 'n' roll party will descend on Pidley next month in aid of a local charity.
John Armstrong raised more then £1,500 for Warboys doctors' surgery when he marked his 60th birthday with an 18-hour disco last year. This time, John and his wife, Doreen, are raising money for Pidley Mountain Rescue and Pidley Village Hall.
Doreen said: "The hall and social club are actually the home of Pidley Mountain Rescue, so we're killing two birds with one stone."
The charity raises money to buy equipment that helps disabled people in Huntingdonshire.
You may also want to watch:
The event will also feature a vintage vehicle show, and Doreen urges anyone with a classic car to just turn up on September 1 at 11am. English cream teas and cakes will also be served.
Partygoers can expect a visit from the Monster Raving Looney Party and one visitor could win £100 in the raffle.
- 1 Landmark A14 viaduct demolition is captured on camera
- 2 St Neots Covid vaccination centre is on the move
- 3 Colourful benches have been placed in St Neots
- 4 Body discovered in Hartford believed to be missing Nathan
- 5 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 6 Car crashes into safety barriers as driver flees scene
- 7 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 8 Burglars used paving slabs and sledge hammers to smash into homes
- 9 Paedophile offered 'naked massages' to undercover police officer
- 10 Buckle hits half-century but Hunts boys fall to Northants defeat
DJ John will be playing music for at least 12 hours before a live band, The Ghost Riders, join the party in the evening.
John said: "I'd like to see lots of people coming to raise funds for a worthwhile cause and have a great time."
INFORMATION: The event takes place on September 1, from 6am to midnight, at Pidley Village Hall. Contact John and Doreen on 01487 842751 for more information.