Carnival to join St Ives 900 celebrations
THE ST IVES carnival returns with a special theme this year to mark the celebrations of the 900th anniversary of the town s royal charter. The carnival starts on Saturday July 3 when there will be floats themed on different eras from the last 900 years, i
THE ST IVES carnival returns with a special theme this year to mark the celebrations of the 900th anniversary of the town's royal charter.
The carnival starts on Saturday July 3 when there will be floats themed on different eras from the last 900 years, including the Tudors, the medieval years and the Roaring Twenties.
Charity stalls, musical acts, a funfair and food outlets will be among the other attractions on offer on Saturday and Sunday and visitors will even be able to test themselves on an army assault course.
Organiser Sylvia Gawthorp, of Lancaster Drive, St Ives, said the event attracted between 3,000-4000 people last year, with some coming from as far as Germany to see the festivities.
You may also want to watch:
She added: "It's such a good weekend. On the Saturday we have great performances like a dog act from Essex, and on the Sunday people bring their picnic baskets and beers."
INFORMATION: The St Ives Carnival and Music Festival takes place on Saturday July 3, and Sunday July 4. Floats are available; anyone interested should contact Sylvia Gawthorp on 01480 350861 or at email@example.com
- 1 St Neots rapist jailed for 11 years
- 2 Suspected firearm and drugs found in raid on Huntingdon house
- 3 New Post Office branch opens in St Neots
- 4 Woman killed and four hospitalised after crash
- 5 'Unprecedented crisis’ over school bus drivers
- 6 Motorists urged not to 'panic buy' fuel as queues cause chaos across Hunts
- 7 Eric Morecambe 'amused guests' when his family owned this St Ives hotel
- 8 Old Mill upgrade at Godmanchester is suspended through lack of materials
- 9 Brampton butchers win awards for delicious pies and sausages
- 10 Hare coursers handed Criminal Behaviour Orders