Carnival to join St Ives 900 celebrations
THE ST IVES carnival returns with a special theme this year to mark the celebrations of the 900th anniversary of the town s royal charter. The carnival starts on Saturday July 3 when there will be floats themed on different eras from the last 900 years, i
THE ST IVES carnival returns with a special theme this year to mark the celebrations of the 900th anniversary of the town's royal charter.
The carnival starts on Saturday July 3 when there will be floats themed on different eras from the last 900 years, including the Tudors, the medieval years and the Roaring Twenties.
Charity stalls, musical acts, a funfair and food outlets will be among the other attractions on offer on Saturday and Sunday and visitors will even be able to test themselves on an army assault course.
Organiser Sylvia Gawthorp, of Lancaster Drive, St Ives, said the event attracted between 3,000-4000 people last year, with some coming from as far as Germany to see the festivities.
You may also want to watch:
She added: "It's such a good weekend. On the Saturday we have great performances like a dog act from Essex, and on the Sunday people bring their picnic baskets and beers."
INFORMATION: The St Ives Carnival and Music Festival takes place on Saturday July 3, and Sunday July 4. Floats are available; anyone interested should contact Sylvia Gawthorp on 01480 350861 or at email@example.com
- 1 Matt Hancock at Hinchingbrooke Hospital today
- 2 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 3 Check out some of Huntingdonshire's fascinating history
- 4 New trophies to celebrate achievement at St Neots school
- 5 Man dies following collision near Bluntisham
- 6 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 7 Landmark A14 viaduct demolition is captured on camera
- 8 A fund has been set up in memory of Nathan Cowell
- 9 Body discovered in Hartford believed to be missing Nathan
- 10 Interactive map shows Covid Indian variant cases in Huntingdonshire