Carnival man must be remembered
I READ with interest your article A statue to the Eynsbury giant October 10, and although nor quite in the same vein, I would like to suggest that some form of plaque or similar should be erected somewhere in the town to remember Ian Webb (late). He ran
I READ with interest your article 'A statue to the Eynsbury giant' October 10, and although nor quite in the same vein, I would like to suggest that some form of plaque or similar should be erected somewhere in the town to remember Ian Webb (late). He ran the carnival with huge success and raised thousands for local charities over 25 years, until his untimely death. At that time there was some discussion about this but as far as I know nothing was ever recorded or presented.
PAT BRUCE, Ford End, Hail Weston
* WHAT a joy to read C Carter's letter (September 20), reminding us once more of our Huntingdonshire county town of the 1950s, with all our shops and amenities and a dozen councillors.
Those gentlemen gave their time and energies freely, with a number of them also serving our daily needs in their shops.
You may also want to watch:
What, I wonder, does Mr Carter think of the latest grapevine news of the transfer of Clinton Cards (another US firm) from the High Street to the largest new property constructed by Churchmanor at the top of what is now called Chequers Way?
While the general opinion seems to be big disappointment, hopefully it is the start of pay-back time for the obnoxious Wilcogate and our other problems.
- 1 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 2 Slepe Hall Hotel in St Ives has new owners
- 3 Men who threatened shop workers with an axe are jailed
- 4 Who is in the running for police and crime commissioner in Cambs
- 5 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 6 Cambs police officer saves life of man who overdosed in park
- 7 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 8 Election Special: Who's standing where in Huntingdonshire
- 9 'Keeping things simple' is key to business success for St Neots firm
- 10 Huntingdon business is first in UK to supply American craft beer
FREDA HUGHES, St Ann's Lane, Godmanchester