THE Open Door at Huntingdon Methodist Church has been kind enough to donate £125 to the Huntingdon Branch of Carers UK. The money was raised at coffee mornings in July when there was also a display on the needs of carers. We are most grateful for their
THE "Open Door" at Huntingdon Methodist Church has been kind enough to donate £125 to the Huntingdon Branch of Carers UK. The money was raised at coffee mornings in July when there was also a display on the needs of carers.
We are most grateful for their continued support and thank all those who worked hard producing the refreshments, as well as those who enjoyed the coffee. Their kindness is much appreciated.
A carer is someone who looks after family, partners or friends in need of help because they are ill, frail or have a disability.
The care they provide is unpaid and can by for 24 hours per day, seven days a week and exhausting. Carers UK can give help and information to all adult carers, and invite them to contact us at the Maple Centre, Oak Drive, Huntingdon, or call us on 01480 420615.
You may also want to watch:
VERA JACKSON, Chairman Carers UK Huntingdon, Oak Drive, Huntingdon
- 1 Man in his 80s dies in fatal Buckden Road crash at Brampton
- 2 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 3 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 4 Police find string of ponies in middle of Cambridgeshire road
- 5 Wanted woman accused of killing children in M1 crash could be in Huntingdon
- 6 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 7 Freed from custody, animal rights campaigner back at Camp Beagle
- 8 Co-op grocery delivery robots are coming to Cambridgeshire
- 9 446 catalytic converter thefts in just 8 months reported in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens