Care home residents enjoy fun-packed Christmas party
- Credit: Archant
A care home in St Ives hosted a special Christmas party for local children to help spread some festive cheer.
Residents at Care UK’s Field Lodge, on London Road, were joined by the children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren of residents and the team for a fun-packed day of festivities.
The children, aged between four and 11-years-old, helped get the residents into the festive spirit, with themed games, crafts and activities.
The residents and their guests were joined by a Christmas elf who wowed the group with her balloon modeling, and everyone had lots of fun playing ‘pin the tail on the reindeer’.
Later, the residents shared their stories and memories of Christmas with the children and tucked into some festive treats, prepared specially by the care home’s chef.
You may also want to watch:
Linda Martinez, home manager at Field Lodge, said: “Christmas is a wonderful time to come together and have some festive fun – regardless of whether your eight-years-old or 80!
“We regularly host inter generational activities here at Field Lodge, and it’s always so wonderful to see how the residents’ faces light up when the children are around, and watch some wonderful relationships form.
- 1 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 2 Letter of the Week: Brexit gain for food bank!
- 3 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 4 Hunts Post Reader Photos for this week
- 5 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 6 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 7 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 8 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 9 New griddle restaurant opens in St Neots
- 10 Do you remember the old cinemas in Huntingdonshire?
“This party was particularly special as we welcomed three generations to the home, so it was a lovely family day for all – something which is so important, especially at Christmas.”