Car park changes being made at Huntingdon Railway Station over Christmas period
- Credit: Archant
Part of Huntingdon Railway Station will be closed over Christmas to make way for rail replacement buses due to engineering works at Peterborough.
A large section of the car park next to the station’s main building and the Serviceman garage will be closed from midnight on December 23 for up to six days to create a turning circles for buses, which will transport passengers between Huntingdon, Peterborough and Grantham.
The car park on the other side of the railway will be closed at 11pm on Friday, December 20, for the erection of a marquee, which will accommodate passengers needing to get a bus..
Half of that car park will reopen by Monday morning, but will reclose at 6pm on Christmas Eve until overnight on Sunday, December 29.
First Capital Connect customer service director Keith Jipps said: “Network Rail is carrying out essential work to improve Peterborough station and increase capacity on the busy East Coast Main Line, which is good news for our passengers.
You may also want to watch:
“During that work, Huntingdon will become a major hub for people travelling with First Capital Connect and East Coast who have to change between train and bus.
“We have to help passengers make that interchange in every way possible and we are confident that there will still be space for our customers to park while this goes on.”
- 1 Woman left with a ‘bloodied nose’ in Huntingdon
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Jail for Fenstanton man who groomed teenager
- 4 Volunteers needed for memorial nature reserve
- 5 Family pay tribute to great grandfather who died in Buckden Road crash
- 6 Secret Garden Party to return after five years
- 7 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 8 Do you remember the old Megatron at Alconbury?
- 9 Woman in her 60s 'remains in serious condition' after B1514 crash
- 10 Drug dealing pair caught thanks to eagle-eyed neighbours