Capital gains in Olympic auction
AN OVERNIGHT stay in central London and an afternoon tea at a luxury five-star country club are just two of the great prizes on offer in a charity auction. The Huntingdon Marriott Hotel is now taking bids in its silent auction, which will help raise money
AN OVERNIGHT stay in central London and an afternoon tea at a luxury five-star country club are just two of the great prizes on offer in a charity auction.
The Huntingdon Marriott Hotel is now taking bids in its silent auction, which will help raise money towards the £4.5million refurbishment of Huntingdon Olympic Gym.
The list of goodies on offer includes: four tickets to see a George Michael tribute night at the Huntingdon Marriott Hotel on February 15 and a one-night dinner with bed and breakfast at the Kensington Marriott Hotel in central London.
Bids are also being taken for a weekend break for two at any Marriott in the UK on a bed and breakfast basis and for afternoon tea at the Hanbury Manor Hotel and Country Club in Ware, Hertfordshire.
You may also want to watch:
For those wanting to get fit, there is also a six-month membership at the Huntingdon Leisure Centre on offer.
Christopher Robinson, of the Huntingdon Marriott Hotel, said he hoped the residents of Huntingdonshire would be generous with their bids as the money was being donated to a very good cause.
- 1 Huntingdon 'predator' jailed for raping woman at his home
- 2 Alconbury to benefit from £200,000 flood protection funding
- 3 Seven arrested after £70k-worth of bicycles stolen
- 4 Group charged in connection with Rutland Cycling burglary
- 5 Giant elephant and free rides at Huntingdon Fun Day
- 6 New project will enhance river at Godmanchester
- 7 Sewer network improvements in £600k investment for St Neots
- 8 Village job club providing vital service
- 9 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 10 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
Huntingdon Olympic Gym is fundraising to create a state-of-the-art gymnastics facility, not only to provide training for athletes to compete in the London 2012 Olympics, but also to provide better opportunities and facilities for the local community.
Bids are currently being taken on the items in the auction, which will end on February 11.
Bids can be made in person at the hotel reception, at Huntingdon Olympic Gym or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
As is usual in auctions, the highest bid for each item will be the winner.