Cannabis factory discovered in Papworth Everard
A CANNABIS factory has been discovered at a house in Papworth Everard following a tip-off from the local community. Police discovered 21 cannabis plants during a raid at the address in Hooley Place yesterday (January 30). A 35-year-man from Papworth Evera
A CANNABIS factory has been discovered at a house in Papworth Everard following a tip-off from the local community.
Police discovered 21 cannabis plants during a raid at the address in Hooley Place yesterday (January 30). A 35-year-man from Papworth Everard has been arrested and charged with cultivation and possession of cannabis.
Officers found a purpose-built cannabis cultivation room in the garage of the address which was fitted with lights, extractor fans and insulation.
The plants discovered were in various stages of growth and some dried cannabis was also discovered.
You may also want to watch:
Inspector Paul Ormerod, sector inspector for South Cambridgeshire, said: "This information came from the local community and has led to the discovery of an active cannabis factory.
"This is a good example of neighbourhood policing at work and I would ask the public to let the police know if they have any suspicions."
- 1 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 2 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 3 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 4 Delicious dessert shop 'Snik Snax' opens
- 5 Homebirths suspended at Hinchingbrooke Hospital due to staff shortages
- 6 Huntingdon dealer who stole from vulnerable man is jailed
- 7 Warning to Huntingdon residents about the legal use of e-scooters
- 8 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 9 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 10 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
Pc Kevin Misik added that the factory would have taken a lot of time, money and effort to set up.
* The 35-year-old man is due before Cambridge Magistrates on February 11 in relation to the offence.