Can you recall the maternity hospital at Little Paxton
I AM writing in the hope that there maybe someone who can remember, or have a connection with the Paxton Park Maternity Hospital at Little Paxton from the late 1940s/50s.
In 1947 my mother went there from South London (100 miles away) to give birth to me in 1947. This seems strange as there must have been maternity facilities much nearer to her home in Streatham.
Was the reason because of bomb damage to hospitals near London or was there another reason, perhaps medical?
Maybe there is a ‘Paxton baby’ out there, like me, who knows the answer to this?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 2 One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 3 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 4 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 5 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 6 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 7 Tim retires after 25 years with law firm
- 8 Do you remember the old cinemas in Huntingdonshire?
- 9 New griddle restaurant opens in St Neots
- 10 Man from Alconbury sentenced for sexual assault
Editor’s note: Anyone who would like to contact Diane Robinson directly should contact The Hunts Post in the first instance.