Can you recall the maternity hospital at Little Paxton
I AM writing in the hope that there maybe someone who can remember, or have a connection with the Paxton Park Maternity Hospital at Little Paxton from the late 1940s/50s.
In 1947 my mother went there from South London (100 miles away) to give birth to me in 1947. This seems strange as there must have been maternity facilities much nearer to her home in Streatham.
Was the reason because of bomb damage to hospitals near London or was there another reason, perhaps medical?
Maybe there is a ‘Paxton baby’ out there, like me, who knows the answer to this?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Huntingdon home to one of the most 'luxurious' breakfasts in the UK
- 2 Giant elephant and free rides at Huntingdon Fun Day
- 3 Sewer network improvements in £600k investment for St Neots
- 4 Huntingdon 'predator' jailed for raping woman at his home
- 5 Pigeons still roosting on old A14 bridge despite preventative mesh
- 6 Four dogs rescued after being abandoned on A14
- 7 Widow, 80, cleans blocked drain in Buckden after 'several floods'
- 8 Visiting to resume at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 Group charged in connection with Rutland Cycling burglary
- 10 Rural theft cost Cambridgeshire £2 million in 2020
Editor’s note: Anyone who would like to contact Diane Robinson directly should contact The Hunts Post in the first instance.