Can you recall the maternity hospital at Little Paxton
I AM writing in the hope that there maybe someone who can remember, or have a connection with the Paxton Park Maternity Hospital at Little Paxton from the late 1940s/50s.
In 1947 my mother went there from South London (100 miles away) to give birth to me in 1947. This seems strange as there must have been maternity facilities much nearer to her home in Streatham.
Was the reason because of bomb damage to hospitals near London or was there another reason, perhaps medical?
Maybe there is a ‘Paxton baby’ out there, like me, who knows the answer to this?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 2 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 3 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 4 Flood warnings issued as police receive multiple calls
- 5 Man rescued from car stuck in Tilbrook flooding
- 6 St Neots entrepreneur to host 24-hour ‘Speak Up’ event
- 7 GP surgeries in Huntingdon and Papworth start vaccine roll-out
- 8 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 9 Entrepreneur and family businessman Philip Lalor has died
- 10 Huntingdon First says use local businesses where possible
Editor’s note: Anyone who would like to contact Diane Robinson directly should contact The Hunts Post in the first instance.