Can you help find St Neots girl I met Down Under?
I’M wondering if anyone can help.
Last year I took a sabbatical to travel all over Australia, an amazing trip where I met so many great people. In my first few weeks there I joined a Top Deck travel group travelling from Sydney to Cairns (March 2011).
A few new members joined our group part way, in a place called Surfers’ Paradise. One of these was a girl called Lucy. We got chatting and I was amazed to hear she actually lived in St Neots.
I lived only down the road in St Ives, which she knew quite well. She also studied at Loughborough University, as did I. Small world!
During our two-week trip her camera broke so I took some pictures of/for her so that I could send them on. The Top Deck group we were with took all our details in order to setup a Facebook group to keep us all in contact easily. Unfortunately, this never happened, so a fair few of us have lost contact now we are back home.
You may also want to watch:
I’m hoping we can get in contact again so I can at least pass her these photos. Would also be great to catch up with her too.
The photograph of her and a kangaroo is from our last few days up in Cairns. Hopefully someone might recognise her in and around St Neots and get in touch.
- 1 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 2 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 3 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 4 HSBC is to close its branch in Huntingdon, it has been announced
- 5 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 6 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 7 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 8 100-year-old care home resident reveals secret to a long life
- 9 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 10 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
Editor’s note: Contact The Hunts Post on 01480 411481 and we will pass on any information.