Can you help find St Neots girl I met Down Under?
I’M wondering if anyone can help.
Last year I took a sabbatical to travel all over Australia, an amazing trip where I met so many great people. In my first few weeks there I joined a Top Deck travel group travelling from Sydney to Cairns (March 2011).
A few new members joined our group part way, in a place called Surfers’ Paradise. One of these was a girl called Lucy. We got chatting and I was amazed to hear she actually lived in St Neots.
I lived only down the road in St Ives, which she knew quite well. She also studied at Loughborough University, as did I. Small world!
During our two-week trip her camera broke so I took some pictures of/for her so that I could send them on. The Top Deck group we were with took all our details in order to setup a Facebook group to keep us all in contact easily. Unfortunately, this never happened, so a fair few of us have lost contact now we are back home.
You may also want to watch:
I’m hoping we can get in contact again so I can at least pass her these photos. Would also be great to catch up with her too.
The photograph of her and a kangaroo is from our last few days up in Cairns. Hopefully someone might recognise her in and around St Neots and get in touch.
- 1 ‘The most glamorous christening the vicar had ever seen!’
- 2 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 3 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 4 Man in his 80s dies in fatal Buckden Road crash at Brampton
- 5 Drug dealer who 'exploited vulnerable people' linked to 101 wraps of cocaine
- 6 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 7 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 8 Computing pioneer Sir Clive Sinclair who had links to St Ives dies aged 81
- 9 Police find string of ponies in middle of Cambridgeshire road
- 10 Wanted woman accused of killing children in M1 crash could be in Huntingdon
Editor’s note: Contact The Hunts Post on 01480 411481 and we will pass on any information.