Can you help find St Neots girl I met Down Under?
I’M wondering if anyone can help.
Last year I took a sabbatical to travel all over Australia, an amazing trip where I met so many great people. In my first few weeks there I joined a Top Deck travel group travelling from Sydney to Cairns (March 2011).
A few new members joined our group part way, in a place called Surfers’ Paradise. One of these was a girl called Lucy. We got chatting and I was amazed to hear she actually lived in St Neots.
I lived only down the road in St Ives, which she knew quite well. She also studied at Loughborough University, as did I. Small world!
During our two-week trip her camera broke so I took some pictures of/for her so that I could send them on. The Top Deck group we were with took all our details in order to setup a Facebook group to keep us all in contact easily. Unfortunately, this never happened, so a fair few of us have lost contact now we are back home.
You may also want to watch:
I’m hoping we can get in contact again so I can at least pass her these photos. Would also be great to catch up with her too.
The photograph of her and a kangaroo is from our last few days up in Cairns. Hopefully someone might recognise her in and around St Neots and get in touch.
- 1 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 2 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 3 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 4 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 5 Read our focus on Ramsey town centre
- 6 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 7 More Readers' Photos for this week
- 8 Best Seat in the House - Meal boxes - are they an over-priced luxury?
- 9 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 10 Charity 130-mile trek raises over £4,000 after rare diagnosis for Hunts man
Editor’s note: Contact The Hunts Post on 01480 411481 and we will pass on any information.