Campaign nabs 150 drink-drivers
MORE than 150 motorists were caught drink-driving on Cambridgeshire s roads during the World Cup. A total of 155 people were caught by Cambridgeshire police during its 37-day summer drink-drive campaign, which ran from Monday, June 5. The figures repres
MORE than 150 motorists were caught drink-driving on Cambridgeshire's roads during the World Cup.
A total of 155 people were caught by Cambridgeshire police during its 37-day summer drink-drive campaign, which ran from Monday, June 5.
The figures represent a five per cent reduction on the 163 people caught drink-driving in the same period last year.
Despite the decrease, casualty reduction officer, Pc Mick McCready believes there is still work to be done.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "It is always disappointing to catch so many people under the influence while driving, and it shows that there are still a number of drivers who think they have the right to drive while under the influence.
"There has been a slight reduction but it would only take one of those drivers to become the next drink-drive killer.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 Drug dealer who 'exploited vulnerable people' linked to 101 wraps of cocaine
- 3 Man in his 80s dies in fatal Buckden Road crash at Brampton
- 4 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 5 Fundraisers hit £400,000 milestone after month of charity challenges
- 6 Computing pioneer Sir Clive Sinclair who had links to St Ives dies aged 81
- 7 Wanted woman accused of killing children in M1 crash could be in Huntingdon
- 8 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 9 Spuds in a bucket competition at the gardening club
- 10 Awards for firm celebrating 10th anniversary