Campaign nabs 150 drink-drivers
MORE than 150 motorists were caught drink-driving on Cambridgeshire s roads during the World Cup. A total of 155 people were caught by Cambridgeshire police during its 37-day summer drink-drive campaign, which ran from Monday, June 5. The figures repres
MORE than 150 motorists were caught drink-driving on Cambridgeshire's roads during the World Cup.
A total of 155 people were caught by Cambridgeshire police during its 37-day summer drink-drive campaign, which ran from Monday, June 5.
The figures represent a five per cent reduction on the 163 people caught drink-driving in the same period last year.
Despite the decrease, casualty reduction officer, Pc Mick McCready believes there is still work to be done.
He said: "It is always disappointing to catch so many people under the influence while driving, and it shows that there are still a number of drivers who think they have the right to drive while under the influence.
"There has been a slight reduction but it would only take one of those drivers to become the next drink-drive killer.
- 1 Historic Huntingdon building on the market for nearly £500k
- 2 'Our inspiration' - Baby born four months early survives fight for life
- 3 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Garage demolition opponents set up Facebook group
- 5 Huntingdon bookshop gets share of £2m online profits
- 6 Universal credit households to receive £20 for rising living costs
- 7 Old Bailey trial begins of Rikki Neave murder suspect
- 8 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 9 Four doctors and a nurse off sick with Covid-19 at Fenland surgeries
- 10 Will Young talks about handcuffing himself to the Camp Beagle gates