Campaign nabs 150 drink-drivers
MORE than 150 motorists were caught drink-driving on Cambridgeshire s roads during the World Cup. A total of 155 people were caught by Cambridgeshire police during its 37-day summer drink-drive campaign, which ran from Monday, June 5. The figures repres
MORE than 150 motorists were caught drink-driving on Cambridgeshire's roads during the World Cup.
A total of 155 people were caught by Cambridgeshire police during its 37-day summer drink-drive campaign, which ran from Monday, June 5.
The figures represent a five per cent reduction on the 163 people caught drink-driving in the same period last year.
Despite the decrease, casualty reduction officer, Pc Mick McCready believes there is still work to be done.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "It is always disappointing to catch so many people under the influence while driving, and it shows that there are still a number of drivers who think they have the right to drive while under the influence.
"There has been a slight reduction but it would only take one of those drivers to become the next drink-drive killer.
- 1 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 2 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 3 Who is in the running for police and crime commissioner in Cambs
- 4 Family-run business with expanding reputation
- 5 Election Special: Who's standing where in Huntingdonshire
- 6 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 7 'Keeping things simple' is key to business success for St Neots firm
- 8 St Neots has elected its new mayor and deputy mayor
- 9 For sale: Carefully crafted, new build homes with generous plots in rural village of Clopton
- 10 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House