Campaign hoping for touch of class
A TOP teacher from Huntingdonshire is helping to lead a national campaign to recruit talented people into the classroom. The campaign, called Turn Your Talent to Teaching, was launched on Thursday by the Government s Training and Development Agency. It ai
A TOP teacher from Huntingdonshire is helping to lead a national campaign to recruit talented people into the classroom.
The campaign, called Turn Your Talent to Teaching, was launched on Thursday by the Government's Training and Development Agency. It aims to attract 36,845 people to teaching this year.
Adam Hall, who is the assistant head at St Peter's School, in Huntingdon, is one of the teachers fronting the campaign.
He is available at the end of a telephone to answer questions from potential recruits.
The 34-year-old, who has been teaching French and German for 10 years, said: "Teaching was something I never planned to do. I spent a year in Germany as part of my languages degree and the choice was between teaching and a work placement.
"Work placements were difficult to find so I took a teaching job. That changed things for me, I realised how much I enjoyed the cut and thrust of the classroom and seeing pupils eyes light up when they understood a concept."
- 1 Tributes for Godmanchester mum Lisa Leader who passed away on Friday
- 2 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
- 3 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 4 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 5 Businesswoman who launched popular St Ives shop has died
- 6 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 7 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 8 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 9 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 10 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
INFORMATION: To find out more see www.teach.gov.uk or call 0845 6000 991.