Campaign hoping for touch of class
A TOP teacher from Huntingdonshire is helping to lead a national campaign to recruit talented people into the classroom. The campaign, called Turn Your Talent to Teaching, was launched on Thursday by the Government s Training and Development Agency. It ai
A TOP teacher from Huntingdonshire is helping to lead a national campaign to recruit talented people into the classroom.
The campaign, called Turn Your Talent to Teaching, was launched on Thursday by the Government's Training and Development Agency. It aims to attract 36,845 people to teaching this year.
Adam Hall, who is the assistant head at St Peter's School, in Huntingdon, is one of the teachers fronting the campaign.
He is available at the end of a telephone to answer questions from potential recruits.
You may also want to watch:
The 34-year-old, who has been teaching French and German for 10 years, said: "Teaching was something I never planned to do. I spent a year in Germany as part of my languages degree and the choice was between teaching and a work placement.
"Work placements were difficult to find so I took a teaching job. That changed things for me, I realised how much I enjoyed the cut and thrust of the classroom and seeing pupils eyes light up when they understood a concept."
- 1 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 2 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 3 Who is in the running for police and crime commissioner in Cambs
- 4 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 5 Family-run business with expanding reputation
- 6 St Neots has elected its new mayor and deputy mayor
- 7 'Keeping things simple' is key to business success for St Neots firm
- 8 Election Special: Who's standing where in Huntingdonshire
- 9 Ten motorists charged with drink driving over Bank Holiday weekend
- 10 For sale: Carefully crafted, new build homes with generous plots in rural village of Clopton
INFORMATION: To find out more see www.teach.gov.uk or call 0845 6000 991.