Campaign hoping for touch of class
A TOP teacher from Huntingdonshire is helping to lead a national campaign to recruit talented people into the classroom. The campaign, called Turn Your Talent to Teaching, was launched on Thursday by the Government s Training and Development Agency. It ai
A TOP teacher from Huntingdonshire is helping to lead a national campaign to recruit talented people into the classroom.
The campaign, called Turn Your Talent to Teaching, was launched on Thursday by the Government's Training and Development Agency. It aims to attract 36,845 people to teaching this year.
Adam Hall, who is the assistant head at St Peter's School, in Huntingdon, is one of the teachers fronting the campaign.
He is available at the end of a telephone to answer questions from potential recruits.
You may also want to watch:
The 34-year-old, who has been teaching French and German for 10 years, said: "Teaching was something I never planned to do. I spent a year in Germany as part of my languages degree and the choice was between teaching and a work placement.
"Work placements were difficult to find so I took a teaching job. That changed things for me, I realised how much I enjoyed the cut and thrust of the classroom and seeing pupils eyes light up when they understood a concept."
- 1 Huntingdon 'predator' jailed for raping woman at his home
- 2 Alconbury to benefit from £200,000 flood protection funding
- 3 Seven arrested after £70k-worth of bicycles stolen
- 4 Group charged in connection with Rutland Cycling burglary
- 5 Giant elephant and free rides at Huntingdon Fun Day
- 6 New project will enhance river at Godmanchester
- 7 Sewer network improvements in £600k investment for St Neots
- 8 Village job club providing vital service
- 9 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 10 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
INFORMATION: To find out more see www.teach.gov.uk or call 0845 6000 991.