Cambs suspected thieves to get police Christmas card in burglary crackdown
CHRISTMAS cards are being hand delivered by police to suspected thieves in South Cambridgeshire as part of a crackdown on burglary. The Christmas card reads: Just to remind you that if you offend this Christmas, you may well miss out on all the festiviti
CHRISTMAS cards are being hand delivered by police to suspected thieves in South Cambridgeshire as part of a crackdown on burglary.
The Christmas card reads: "Just to remind you that if you offend this Christmas, you may well miss out on all the festivities. Cambridgeshire police would like to warn you to keep out of trouble. The Burglary Squad is working over the Christmas period.
"Have a Merry Christmas! From your Burglary Squad Team."
Inside the card is a picture of a man behind bars with colourful Christmas decorations around him.
You may also want to watch:
DI Adam Gallop said: "We will deliver the cards to anyone we have intelligence on as being potentially involved in burglary. The card will remind them that we are watching them and we won't tolerate criminal behaviour. Where we have enough evidence, we will naturally make arrests."
The Christmas campaign, launched on Monday, will also see increased burglary patrols.
- 1 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 2 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 3 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 4 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 5 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 6 Stuie Delf launches new fundraising campaign in memory of his brother
- 7 Letter of the Week: 'Could we sue stores who don't enforce mask wearing'?
- 8 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 9 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 10 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
Police figures show an increase in burglary during the festive period. In southern division (Cambridge, South Cambs and East Cambs) between December 2006 and January 2007 there were 315 house burglaries. This was 240 during the same period in 2007/08 and 394 for 2008/09.