Cambs police should make CCTV priority
CAMBRIDGESHIRE police say CCTV ‘is an integral part of modern policing’. So their refusal to pay a fair share of the cost is unacceptable. How will they achieve their mission to ‘create a safer Cambridgeshire’ if the system is moth-balled for lack of funds?
Perhaps members of our police authority can help. They set policing priorities, targets and budget and are supposed to “engage with the public”.
So please stand up - especially Cllr Victor Lucas, Cllr Ken Churchill, John Pye and Olive Main - and tell us why, if CCTV is so “integral”, you make no provision for it in your �130million budget.
Bravo Cllr Jason Ablewhite for making this an issue.
You may also want to watch:
(former police authority member)
- 1 Shops, homes and office space plan for town centre building
- 2 St Neots man banned from pubs for two years
- 3 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 4 St Neots care assistant Jack set to shine in BBC Three's Glow Up
- 5 Memories of St Neots' town centre
- 6 Ventriloquist shares career highlights after retiring in Huntingdon
- 7 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 8 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 9 For sale: Spacious two bedroom bungalow with generous plots in Hartford
- 10 St Ives teenager donating her hair for charity