Cambs police should make CCTV priority
CAMBRIDGESHIRE police say CCTV ‘is an integral part of modern policing’. So their refusal to pay a fair share of the cost is unacceptable. How will they achieve their mission to ‘create a safer Cambridgeshire’ if the system is moth-balled for lack of funds?
Perhaps members of our police authority can help. They set policing priorities, targets and budget and are supposed to “engage with the public”.
So please stand up - especially Cllr Victor Lucas, Cllr Ken Churchill, John Pye and Olive Main - and tell us why, if CCTV is so “integral”, you make no provision for it in your �130million budget.
Bravo Cllr Jason Ablewhite for making this an issue.
You may also want to watch:
(former police authority member)
- 1 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 2 Fundraising day at St Neots pub
- 3 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 4 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 5 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 8 The changing face of forests and woods in Huntingdonshire
- 9 Huntingdon care home company scoops award in region's top 20
- 10 'We want to help our market towns' - Funding plans extended due to pandemic