CAMBS: Heavy rain and flooding causing traffic problems on A14, A428 and A1.
- Credit: Archant
POLICE are dealing with an increase in incidents across the county due to the wet weather with lane closures on the A14 and A428.
One lane has been closed on the A14 at the exit slip road at Spittals, Huntingdon with delays for those travelling in both directions on the A14 as a whole.
Flooding has caused the closure of one lane on the A428 westbound in Hardwick near the Dry Draton turning and heavy traffic is reported on the road at St Neots in both directions.
There are also delays on the A1 northbound at Buckden roundabout.
Road affected by standing water in Huntingdonshire include Ramsey Road, Huntingdon Ring Road and Thrapston Road/Huntingdon Road between Brampton and Huntingdon.
You may also want to watch:
Police are advising motorists to slow down and drive to the road conditions.
- 1 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 2 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 3 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 4 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 5 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 6 Driver of fully laden HGV who failed breath test 'couldn't stand up unaided'
- 7 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 8 Hinchingbrooke paediatrician’s relief after getting Covid-19 vaccine
- 9 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 10 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village