CAMBS: Heavy rain and flooding causing traffic problems on A14, A428 and A1.
- Credit: Archant
POLICE are dealing with an increase in incidents across the county due to the wet weather with lane closures on the A14 and A428.
One lane has been closed on the A14 at the exit slip road at Spittals, Huntingdon with delays for those travelling in both directions on the A14 as a whole.
Flooding has caused the closure of one lane on the A428 westbound in Hardwick near the Dry Draton turning and heavy traffic is reported on the road at St Neots in both directions.
There are also delays on the A1 northbound at Buckden roundabout.
Road affected by standing water in Huntingdonshire include Ramsey Road, Huntingdon Ring Road and Thrapston Road/Huntingdon Road between Brampton and Huntingdon.
You may also want to watch:
Police are advising motorists to slow down and drive to the road conditions.
- 1 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 2 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 3 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 4 Delicious dessert shop 'Snik Snax' opens
- 5 Homebirths suspended at Hinchingbrooke Hospital due to staff shortages
- 6 Huntingdon dealer who stole from vulnerable man is jailed
- 7 Warning to Huntingdon residents about the legal use of e-scooters
- 8 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 9 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 10 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31