Cambs guided busway - NAO should take a look
ALL praise to the National Audit Office, the guardians of the public purse (taxpayers’ money).
I recently read in the national papers that, after looking at the NHS patient records computer, the NAO has discovered that to date the project has cost �2.1billion and requires a further �5bn to complete a computer programme that will not work satisfactorily when it is finished.
They have, quite rightly, advised the Government to stop wasting taxpayers’ money and scrap the programme. Similarly the NAO has found that the Army is wasting millions of pounds on buying equipment, storing it away for years and then selling it off for knock down prices.
Is the National Audit Office aware of our guided busway?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Grants handed out to help people with cancer in Hunts total £17,000
- 2 Charity 130-mile trek raises over £4,000 after rare diagnosis for Hunts man
- 3 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 4 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 5 Shops, homes and office space plan for town centre building
- 6 'Am I being overcharged for gas and electricity'?
- 7 Read our focus on Ramsey town centre
- 8 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 9 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 10 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader