Cambs guided busway - NAO should take a look
ALL praise to the National Audit Office, the guardians of the public purse (taxpayers’ money).
I recently read in the national papers that, after looking at the NHS patient records computer, the NAO has discovered that to date the project has cost �2.1billion and requires a further �5bn to complete a computer programme that will not work satisfactorily when it is finished.
They have, quite rightly, advised the Government to stop wasting taxpayers’ money and scrap the programme. Similarly the NAO has found that the Army is wasting millions of pounds on buying equipment, storing it away for years and then selling it off for knock down prices.
Is the National Audit Office aware of our guided busway?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 2 Driver of fully laden HGV who failed breath test 'couldn't stand up unaided'
- 3 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 4 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 5 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 6 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 7 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 8 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 9 Hinchingbrooke paediatrician’s relief after getting Covid-19 vaccine
- 10 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village