Cambs guided busway - NAO should take a look
ALL praise to the National Audit Office, the guardians of the public purse (taxpayers’ money).
I recently read in the national papers that, after looking at the NHS patient records computer, the NAO has discovered that to date the project has cost �2.1billion and requires a further �5bn to complete a computer programme that will not work satisfactorily when it is finished.
They have, quite rightly, advised the Government to stop wasting taxpayers’ money and scrap the programme. Similarly the NAO has found that the Army is wasting millions of pounds on buying equipment, storing it away for years and then selling it off for knock down prices.
Is the National Audit Office aware of our guided busway?
- 1 Air Ambulance is called to serious crash on London Road in St Ives
- 2 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
- 3 House set alight in Brampton
- 4 Tributes for Godmanchester mum Lisa Leader who passed away on Friday
- 5 Businesswoman who launched popular St Ives shop has died
- 6 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 7 Local businesses join forces to create a Christmas Beer
- 8 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 9 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 10 Ex-wife of killer Colin Hill shares rape ordeal more than 30 years on