Cambs guided busway - NAO should take a look
ALL praise to the National Audit Office, the guardians of the public purse (taxpayers’ money).
I recently read in the national papers that, after looking at the NHS patient records computer, the NAO has discovered that to date the project has cost �2.1billion and requires a further �5bn to complete a computer programme that will not work satisfactorily when it is finished.
They have, quite rightly, advised the Government to stop wasting taxpayers’ money and scrap the programme. Similarly the NAO has found that the Army is wasting millions of pounds on buying equipment, storing it away for years and then selling it off for knock down prices.
Is the National Audit Office aware of our guided busway?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 2 Fundraising day at St Neots pub
- 3 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 4 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 5 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 8 The changing face of forests and woods in Huntingdonshire
- 9 'We want to help our market towns' - Funding plans extended due to pandemic
- 10 Huntingdon care home company scoops award in region's top 20