Cambs girl Pippa finishes solo Atlantic sailing race
FORMER Hinchingbrooke School pupil Pippa Hildesley has battled her way across the Atlantic Ocean to complete the OSTAR solo sailing race. Pippa, who set off on May 25 and lost nearly an entire s day s sailing at the start of the race to carry out repairs, is thought to have fi
FORMER Hinchingbrooke School pupil Pippa Hildesley has battled her way across the Atlantic Ocean to complete the OSTAR solo sailing race.
Pippa, who lost nearly an entire's day's sailing at the start of the race to carry out repairs, is thought to have finished a very respectable 16th out of more than 30 boats.
The race from England to America, which started on May 25, has taken the 35-year-old more than two weeks to complete, battling against the elements.
The overall winner was Dutchman Jan Kees who got to Rhode Island in 17 days, 17 hours and 40 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Come back to www.huntspost24.co.uk to read an interview with Pippa.
- 1 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 2 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 3 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 4 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 5 Read our focus on Ramsey town centre
- 6 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 7 More Readers' Photos for this week
- 8 Best Seat in the House - Meal boxes - are they an over-priced luxury?
- 9 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 10 Charity 130-mile trek raises over £4,000 after rare diagnosis for Hunts man