Cambs girl Pippa finishes solo Atlantic sailing race
FORMER Hinchingbrooke School pupil Pippa Hildesley has battled her way across the Atlantic Ocean to complete the OSTAR solo sailing race. Pippa, who set off on May 25 and lost nearly an entire s day s sailing at the start of the race to carry out repairs, is thought to have fi
FORMER Hinchingbrooke School pupil Pippa Hildesley has battled her way across the Atlantic Ocean to complete the OSTAR solo sailing race.
Pippa, who lost nearly an entire's day's sailing at the start of the race to carry out repairs, is thought to have finished a very respectable 16th out of more than 30 boats.
The race from England to America, which started on May 25, has taken the 35-year-old more than two weeks to complete, battling against the elements.
The overall winner was Dutchman Jan Kees who got to Rhode Island in 17 days, 17 hours and 40 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Come back to www.huntspost24.co.uk to read an interview with Pippa.
- 1 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 2 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 3 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 4 Patients avoided going to the doctor out of fear of 'catching Covid'
- 5 Homebirths suspended at Hinchingbrooke Hospital due to staff shortages
- 6 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 7 Olive Indian receives service award for a second year
- 8 Hoax caller flouted strict court order after just three days
- 9 Delicious dessert shop 'Snik Snax' opens
- 10 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls