Cambs girl Pippa finishes solo Atlantic sailing race
FORMER Hinchingbrooke School pupil Pippa Hildesley has battled her way across the Atlantic Ocean to complete the OSTAR solo sailing race. Pippa, who set off on May 25 and lost nearly an entire s day s sailing at the start of the race to carry out repairs, is thought to have fi
FORMER Hinchingbrooke School pupil Pippa Hildesley has battled her way across the Atlantic Ocean to complete the OSTAR solo sailing race.
Pippa, who lost nearly an entire's day's sailing at the start of the race to carry out repairs, is thought to have finished a very respectable 16th out of more than 30 boats.
The race from England to America, which started on May 25, has taken the 35-year-old more than two weeks to complete, battling against the elements.
The overall winner was Dutchman Jan Kees who got to Rhode Island in 17 days, 17 hours and 40 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Come back to www.huntspost24.co.uk to read an interview with Pippa.
- 1 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 2 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 3 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 4 Hinchingbrooke paediatrician’s relief after getting Covid-19 vaccine
- 5 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 6 HSBC is to close its branch in Huntingdon, it has been announced
- 7 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 8 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 9 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 10 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years