Cambs bus passes - no change
COUNCILS in Cambridgeshire have reassured residents in response to calls from the public that concessionary bus passes in Cambridgeshire will not be changing. Many people who qualify for free travel have become concerned that they will no longer be able t
COUNCILS in Cambridgeshire have reassured residents in response to calls from the public that concessionary bus passes in Cambridgeshire will not be changing.
Many people who qualify for free travel have become concerned that they will no longer be able to go free on park-and-ride services in Cambridge or longer journeys, the county council said today.
Councillor Matt Bradney, cabinet member for transport, said today: "We have received a lot of calls over the last 24 hours from people who are very concerned that either they no longer qualify for free travel or they won't be able to use some services. I can confirm that in Cambridgeshire nothing will change on April 1.
"This means bus passengers with a pass will still be able to get on local services whether they be park-and rides or picking up your local bus to town. We understand that some people are also concerned about travelling over longer distances with companies such as National Express.
You may also want to watch:
"As these services have never been included in the local Cambridgeshire scheme, we would advise passengers to contact the operator directly before travel to find out the level of concession available."
INFORMATION: On concessionary bus passes on 01223 715588.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Lorry driver who 'couldn't stand up' was three times over drink-drive limit
- 3 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 4 Fantastic snow photos from our Hunts Post readers
- 5 Ramsey schoolgirl names new housing development
- 6 It's snowing! Send us your snow photos
- 7 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 8 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 9 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 10 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village