Cambs bus passes - no change
COUNCILS in Cambridgeshire have reassured residents in response to calls from the public that concessionary bus passes in Cambridgeshire will not be changing. Many people who qualify for free travel have become concerned that they will no longer be able t
COUNCILS in Cambridgeshire have reassured residents in response to calls from the public that concessionary bus passes in Cambridgeshire will not be changing.
Many people who qualify for free travel have become concerned that they will no longer be able to go free on park-and-ride services in Cambridge or longer journeys, the county council said today.
Councillor Matt Bradney, cabinet member for transport, said today: "We have received a lot of calls over the last 24 hours from people who are very concerned that either they no longer qualify for free travel or they won't be able to use some services. I can confirm that in Cambridgeshire nothing will change on April 1.
"This means bus passengers with a pass will still be able to get on local services whether they be park-and rides or picking up your local bus to town. We understand that some people are also concerned about travelling over longer distances with companies such as National Express.
You may also want to watch:
"As these services have never been included in the local Cambridgeshire scheme, we would advise passengers to contact the operator directly before travel to find out the level of concession available."
INFORMATION: On concessionary bus passes on 01223 715588.
- 1 'Armed police' swarm St Ives road in 'ongoing incident'
- 2 Man suspected of carrying knife 'in the street' is arrested in St Ives
- 3 Prison for 'violent' blackmailers who told victim 'we'll stab you'
- 4 The Windmill pub is set to reopen after extensive refurbishment
- 5 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 6 Here are your 'at a glance' lockdown changes from today (May 17)
- 7 Paedophile foiled by undercover officer
- 8 Drink-drive arrest after crash in Huntingdon
- 9 Riley turns imagination into reality with best-selling adventure book
- 10 Huntingdon drug dealer jailed after police find messages on his phone