Cambs beaver scouts get a ‘Mad’ sleepover
MAD FOR IT: Two Huntingdonshire beaver scout colonies celebrated the 25th anniversary of their organisation with a Mad hatter’s tea party and sleepover.
Members of the 1st Fenstanton and Hilton Beaver Colony joined with 1st Stukeley Meadows Beaver Colony for the sleepover on March 25/26.
In total 29 beaver scouts, all aged six and seven, took part in the event which included exotic foods such as ‘caterpillars in blankets’ and ‘Cheshire cat grins’.
The opening ceremony also included a special message from the UK Chief Commissioner, Wayne Bulpitt.
Selina Pedley, beaver scout leader, 1st Stukeley Meadows, said: “I have to confess I think I was as excited as the beavers about our first ever sleepover. In fact, I hardly slept the night before! It was a wonderful experience from start to finish, and we can’t wait to do it all over again.”
You may also want to watch:
Event organiser Louise Clover added: “For many of those taking part it was the first time they have slept away from home, so we were really proud of the way they behaved. Organising events like this remind me why I keep scouting, it’s such a wonderful break from my paid job.”
- 1 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 2 Letter of the Week: Brexit gain for food bank!
- 3 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 4 Hunts Post Reader Photos for this week
- 5 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 6 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 7 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 9 New griddle restaurant opens in St Neots
- 10 Do you remember the old cinemas in Huntingdonshire?