CAMBS: A14 weekend closures at Huntingdon
CLOSURES on the A14 and diversions will start this weekend in Cambridgeshire.
Maintenance work is being carried out on four A14 bridges near Huntingdon with workers due on the road from 10pm tonight (Friday).
Repairs are being made to the Ouse viaduct, River Ouse bridge and Cow Lane bridges between junction 23 Spittals Interchange and junction 24 Godmanchester.
The A14 will be closed between these junctions, in one direction only, for seven consecutive weekends.
Starting tonight, the westbound carriageway will be closed for four consecutive weekends. The closures all start at 10pm on the Fridays with the road reopening to traffic at 5am on the Monday mornings.
You may also want to watch:
The eastbound carriageway closures will be at the same times for three consecutive weekends, starting on February 10.
Diversions, which will be signed, will be in place via the A1 Brampton Hut and the A428 St Neots to re-join the A14 at Girton interchange, with the westbound diversion in reverse.
- 1 Huntingdon dealer who stole from vulnerable man is jailed
- 2 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 3 Delicious dessert shop 'Snix Snax' opens
- 4 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Warning to Huntingdon residents about the legal use of e-scooters
- 6 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 7 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 8 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 9 Huntingdon man found with stash of drugs and cash is jailed
- 10 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life