CAMBS: A14 weekend closures at Huntingdon
CLOSURES on the A14 and diversions will start this weekend in Cambridgeshire.
Maintenance work is being carried out on four A14 bridges near Huntingdon with workers due on the road from 10pm tonight (Friday).
Repairs are being made to the Ouse viaduct, River Ouse bridge and Cow Lane bridges between junction 23 Spittals Interchange and junction 24 Godmanchester.
The A14 will be closed between these junctions, in one direction only, for seven consecutive weekends.
Starting tonight, the westbound carriageway will be closed for four consecutive weekends. The closures all start at 10pm on the Fridays with the road reopening to traffic at 5am on the Monday mornings.
You may also want to watch:
The eastbound carriageway closures will be at the same times for three consecutive weekends, starting on February 10.
Diversions, which will be signed, will be in place via the A1 Brampton Hut and the A428 St Neots to re-join the A14 at Girton interchange, with the westbound diversion in reverse.
- 1 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 2 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 3 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 4 Man rescued from car stuck in Tilbrook flooding
- 5 St Neots entrepreneur to host 24-hour ‘Speak Up’ event
- 6 Flood warnings issued as police receive multiple calls
- 7 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 8 GP surgeries in Huntingdon and Papworth start vaccine roll-out
- 9 Covid cases highest in Hunts since pandemic began, new figures reveal
- 10 Man who invited children to use his hot tub breached police order