CAMBS: A14 weekend closures at Huntingdon
CLOSURES on the A14 and diversions will start this weekend in Cambridgeshire.
Maintenance work is being carried out on four A14 bridges near Huntingdon with workers due on the road from 10pm tonight (Friday).
Repairs are being made to the Ouse viaduct, River Ouse bridge and Cow Lane bridges between junction 23 Spittals Interchange and junction 24 Godmanchester.
The A14 will be closed between these junctions, in one direction only, for seven consecutive weekends.
Starting tonight, the westbound carriageway will be closed for four consecutive weekends. The closures all start at 10pm on the Fridays with the road reopening to traffic at 5am on the Monday mornings.
You may also want to watch:
The eastbound carriageway closures will be at the same times for three consecutive weekends, starting on February 10.
Diversions, which will be signed, will be in place via the A1 Brampton Hut and the A428 St Neots to re-join the A14 at Girton interchange, with the westbound diversion in reverse.
- 1 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 2 One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 3 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 4 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 5 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 6 Hunts Post Reader Photos for this week
- 7 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 8 Tim retires after 25 years with law firm
- 9 Do you remember the old cinemas in Huntingdonshire?
- 10 New griddle restaurant opens in St Neots