Cambridgeshire Dining Pub of the Year
CHEF Alberto Franceschetti and his team are celebrating after the Cock Inn at Hemingford Grey was named Cambridgeshire Dining Pub of the Year, for the second year running by The Good Pub Guide. The judges said: Although there s quite an emphasis on the v
CHEF Alberto Franceschetti and his team are celebrating after the Cock Inn at Hemingford Grey was named Cambridgeshire Dining Pub of the Year, for the second year running by The Good Pub Guide.
The judges said: "Although there's quite an emphasis on the very good imaginative food at this pretty little pub, the public bar on the left is still a traditional drinking room for the locals, serving some of the best real ale in the area."
They added: "There's a friendly, bustling atmosphere, a good mix of locals and visitors, and the pub is no smoking throughout. As well as a very useful 2/3 course lunch (£9.95 and £12.95) changing starter dishes include their famous duck parcel with sweet and sour cucumber and warm crepes stuffed with goat's cheese mousse, sun blushed tomato and watercress salad."
The guide said the pub's sticky toffee pudding was "seriously good".
You may also want to watch:
Co-owner, Oliver Thain said: "The success of the restaurant is based on the utter commitment of the management and staff to making our customers happy. This is reflected in the imaginative food, the ambience of the pub and restaurant and the cheerful nature and professionalism of the waiting staff.
"As a result we have lots of repeat custom and hence we know many of our guests pretty well, which helps build a friendly, relaxed environment in which to dine."
- 1 Not one, but possibly two viaducts for St Neots!
- 2 Drink-drive arrest after crash in Huntingdon
- 3 Paedophile exposed in undercover police operation
- 4 Huntingdon drug dealer jailed after police find messages on his phone
- 5 Metro is off the cards says new mayor Dr Nik Johnson
- 6 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 9 Police warning after spate of thefts from cars in Warboys
- 10 Strictly favourites Anton and Giovanni set for star-studded show
INFORMATION: See www.cambscuisine.com for more details or call 01480 463609.