Cambridgeshire Dining Pub of the Year
CHEF Alberto Franceschetti and his team are celebrating after the Cock Inn at Hemingford Grey was named Cambridgeshire Dining Pub of the Year, for the second year running by The Good Pub Guide. The judges said: Although there s quite an emphasis on the v
CHEF Alberto Franceschetti and his team are celebrating after the Cock Inn at Hemingford Grey was named Cambridgeshire Dining Pub of the Year, for the second year running by The Good Pub Guide.
The judges said: "Although there's quite an emphasis on the very good imaginative food at this pretty little pub, the public bar on the left is still a traditional drinking room for the locals, serving some of the best real ale in the area."
They added: "There's a friendly, bustling atmosphere, a good mix of locals and visitors, and the pub is no smoking throughout. As well as a very useful 2/3 course lunch (£9.95 and £12.95) changing starter dishes include their famous duck parcel with sweet and sour cucumber and warm crepes stuffed with goat's cheese mousse, sun blushed tomato and watercress salad."
The guide said the pub's sticky toffee pudding was "seriously good".
You may also want to watch:
Co-owner, Oliver Thain said: "The success of the restaurant is based on the utter commitment of the management and staff to making our customers happy. This is reflected in the imaginative food, the ambience of the pub and restaurant and the cheerful nature and professionalism of the waiting staff.
"As a result we have lots of repeat custom and hence we know many of our guests pretty well, which helps build a friendly, relaxed environment in which to dine."
- 1 Huntingdon dealer who stole from vulnerable man is jailed
- 2 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 3 Delicious dessert shop 'Snix Snax' opens
- 4 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Warning to Huntingdon residents about the legal use of e-scooters
- 6 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 7 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 8 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 9 Huntingdon man found with stash of drugs and cash is jailed
- 10 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
INFORMATION: See www.cambscuisine.com for more details or call 01480 463609.