Cambridgeshire Dining Pub of the Year
CHEF Alberto Franceschetti and his team are celebrating after the Cock Inn at Hemingford Grey was named Cambridgeshire Dining Pub of the Year, for the second year running by The Good Pub Guide. The judges said: Although there s quite an emphasis on the v
CHEF Alberto Franceschetti and his team are celebrating after the Cock Inn at Hemingford Grey was named Cambridgeshire Dining Pub of the Year, for the second year running by The Good Pub Guide.
The judges said: "Although there's quite an emphasis on the very good imaginative food at this pretty little pub, the public bar on the left is still a traditional drinking room for the locals, serving some of the best real ale in the area."
They added: "There's a friendly, bustling atmosphere, a good mix of locals and visitors, and the pub is no smoking throughout. As well as a very useful 2/3 course lunch (£9.95 and £12.95) changing starter dishes include their famous duck parcel with sweet and sour cucumber and warm crepes stuffed with goat's cheese mousse, sun blushed tomato and watercress salad."
The guide said the pub's sticky toffee pudding was "seriously good".
Co-owner, Oliver Thain said: "The success of the restaurant is based on the utter commitment of the management and staff to making our customers happy. This is reflected in the imaginative food, the ambience of the pub and restaurant and the cheerful nature and professionalism of the waiting staff.
"As a result we have lots of repeat custom and hence we know many of our guests pretty well, which helps build a friendly, relaxed environment in which to dine."
- 1 Tributes for Godmanchester mum Lisa Leader who passed away on Friday
- 2 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
- 3 Businesswoman who launched popular St Ives shop has died
- 4 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 5 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 6 Ex-wife of killer Colin Hill shares rape ordeal more than 30 years on
- 7 Overwhelming response to MND charity walk
- 8 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 9 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 10 Health chiefs call for action amid rise in sexually transmitted infections
INFORMATION: See www.cambscuisine.com for more details or call 01480 463609.