Cambridge Club Festival underway with Diana Ross set to headline main stage
- Credit: Hello Content
The Cambridge Club Festival is underway, and soul and R&B fans were pictured at Childerley Orchard in their droves.
Level 42, fronted by Mark King, headlined day one of the three-day festival yesterday (Friday, June 10).
The Jacksons are tonight's headliners, while Diana Ross will headline the R&B event tomorrow (Sunday, June 12).
Among Friday's performers was former Radio One DJ Sara Cox.
Crowds also flocked to see drag icon Jodie Harsh, and festival-goers took to social media to share their experiences.
Kris wrote on Twitter: "Level 42 setting the bar at Cambridge Club Festival. Still as good a live act as they were 30 years ago."
Another Twitter user praised west London acid Jazz band Brand New Heavies.
- 1 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 2 Car rolled in crash on A14
- 3 Two-day closure set for B661 between Great Staughton and Grafham Water
- 4 Sir John Major to answer questions at Infected Blood Inquiry
- 5 Jail for man who boasted he was the St Ives 'weed man'
- 6 John Major's 'bad luck' comment is 'absolutely disgraceful' says son of victim
- 7 Garden railway raises money for 3 Pillars
- 8 Eight Huntingdon children handed anti-social behaviour interventions
- 9 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
- 10 A charity football match involving a mixed Polish and Ukrainian team aims to raise funds for Ukraine
They wrote: "Brand New Heavies stole the day at The Cambridge Club Festival."
A Cambridge Club organiser said: "After an exceedingly exceptional first day, we are absolutely loving the disco fever you’re all bringing to the dance floor."