Cambridge Band Competition finalists for Lodestar
THREE bands who featured in this year s Red Stripe Cambridge Band Competition at The Junction will play at the Lodestar Festival, Cambridge-shire s new indie-rock festival. The increasingly popular Flamboyant Bella, and my band Under The Streetlamp (from
THREE bands who featured in this year's Red Stripe Cambridge Band Competition at The Junction will play at the Lodestar Festival, Cambridge-shire's new indie-rock festival.
The increasingly popular Flamboyant Bella, and my band Under The Streetlamp (from St Ives) will join Royston's Fugazirum on the Trixie Tree Stage (supported by the Arts Council).
Lodestar, at Sunnyridge Farm where Doug's family have farmed for generations, is for him, the realisation of a teenage dream.
Up and coming unsigned bands will play on the Escalator Music Stage and MP3 sticks of their music will be handed out to fans.
The Trixie Tree Stage acts were announced at last week's press launch when guests heard performances by Under The Streetlamp, Fugazirum and a brilliant band from Essex called Darwin. The the main stage headliners include Badly Drawn Boy, Idlewild, British Sea Power, The Bees and The Rakes.
This is the debut Lodestar Festival and discount tickets are being sold to locals who are supporting the event.
- 1 Cyclist left with serious injuries after bus collision in St Ives
- 2 Police called to reports of violence in Huntingdon
- 3 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 4 Drought officially declared in East Anglian region
- 5 Concerns about late-night noise if club is granted alcohol extension
- 6 Planning proposal for a new café to be reviewed by St Neots Town Council
- 7 Voi trial ‘confuses people’ about illegal e-scooters
- 8 Improved Ofsted rating for village primary school
- 9 New defibrillator mounted in St Neots to help save lives
- 10 Workers take strike action at St Neots power station in pay dispute
Charities set to benefit from Lodestar include WaterAid, East Anglian Children's Hospice, Headway Cambridge and Arthur Rank House.
INFORMATION: Lodestar is from Friday, August 31 to Sunday, September 2. Tickets include camping through to Monday. Under 10s go free. Adult £85, 10-16 £70. Day tickets £55 and £40. Call 01223 813318 or visit www.lodestarfestival.com