Call to boycott zoo comedy based on animal cruelty
SHORTLY after the controversial release of Water for Elephants, animal actors supplied by the American company Have Trunk Will Travel are now featured in the new family comedy Zookeeper.
A video released by Animal Defenders International (ADI) reveals horrific cruelty in the training of these animals, including elephants crying out while being repeatedly shocked with hand-held stun guns and beaten on their bodies and legs with bull-hooks. This powerful video is on ADI’s website at http://bit.ly/royuTx
Tragically, this abuse is not an isolated case. Years of undercover investigations and careful research by ADI and other watchdog groups reveal that the industry’s standard training methods involve fear, pain and punishment to force animals to perform unnatural tricks.
Compassionate people can make a stand against animal abuse by not going to see this film.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 2 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 3 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 4 Fundraising day at St Neots pub
- 5 The changing face of forests and woods in Huntingdonshire
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 8 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 9 Huntingdon care home company scoops award in region's top 20
- 10 'We want to help our market towns' - Funding plans extended due to pandemic