Call to boycott zoo comedy based on animal cruelty
SHORTLY after the controversial release of Water for Elephants, animal actors supplied by the American company Have Trunk Will Travel are now featured in the new family comedy Zookeeper.
A video released by Animal Defenders International (ADI) reveals horrific cruelty in the training of these animals, including elephants crying out while being repeatedly shocked with hand-held stun guns and beaten on their bodies and legs with bull-hooks. This powerful video is on ADI’s website at http://bit.ly/royuTx
Tragically, this abuse is not an isolated case. Years of undercover investigations and careful research by ADI and other watchdog groups reveal that the industry’s standard training methods involve fear, pain and punishment to force animals to perform unnatural tricks.
Compassionate people can make a stand against animal abuse by not going to see this film.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 2 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 3 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 4 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 5 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 6 Stuie Delf launches new fundraising campaign in memory of his brother
- 7 Letter of the Week: 'Could we sue stores who don't enforce mask wearing'?
- 8 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 9 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 10 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years