Caitlin, 11, leads out her Arsenal heroes
AN avid young football fan was given the chance of a lifetime when she was chosen as Arsenal s mascot for the Champions League clash with AC Milan. Caitlin Brooker, an 11-year-old Arsenal fan, was chosen at random from the thousands of supporters to lead
AN avid young football fan was given the chance of a lifetime when she was chosen as Arsenal's mascot for the Champions League clash with AC Milan.
Caitlin Brooker, an 11-year-old Arsenal fan, was chosen at random from the thousands of supporters to lead her favourite team out at the Emirates Stadium.
The St Ivo School pupil has been a supporter of the club for six years and her whole family are also Gooners.
Caitlin, who lives in St Ives, said she jumped at the chance to be a mascot for her favourite team when she received a phone call from the club.
You may also want to watch:
"My favourite bit was standing in the tunnel and running out on to the pitch. It was very noisy."
On the day of the match she met the Arsenal players, got their autographs and had pictures taken with them. The whole family had a tour of the stadium before Caitlin was taken to prepare for her big moment.
- 1 The Windmill pub is set to reopen after extensive refurbishment
- 2 Life is sweet! Cheesecake emporium opens in Brampton
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Tudor history and famous Chinese Bridge in Godmanchester
- 5 Riley turns imagination into reality with best-selling adventure book
- 6 Celebration of food and drink at town's first street food festival
- 7 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 8 Paedophile foiled by undercover officer
- 9 Do you have items of history for nostalgia group?
- 10 Godmanchester community pulled together throughout the pandemic
Caitlin's mother, Amanda Brooker, added: "Caitlin felt very lucky to have been picked, and the staff at Arsenal looked after her ever so well. It was an amazing experience and one she will never forget."
The game took place last Wednesday (February 20) and ended in a 0-0 draw.