Caitlin, 11, leads out her Arsenal heroes
AN avid young football fan was given the chance of a lifetime when she was chosen as Arsenal s mascot for the Champions League clash with AC Milan. Caitlin Brooker, an 11-year-old Arsenal fan, was chosen at random from the thousands of supporters to lead
AN avid young football fan was given the chance of a lifetime when she was chosen as Arsenal's mascot for the Champions League clash with AC Milan.
Caitlin Brooker, an 11-year-old Arsenal fan, was chosen at random from the thousands of supporters to lead her favourite team out at the Emirates Stadium.
The St Ivo School pupil has been a supporter of the club for six years and her whole family are also Gooners.
Caitlin, who lives in St Ives, said she jumped at the chance to be a mascot for her favourite team when she received a phone call from the club.
You may also want to watch:
"My favourite bit was standing in the tunnel and running out on to the pitch. It was very noisy."
On the day of the match she met the Arsenal players, got their autographs and had pictures taken with them. The whole family had a tour of the stadium before Caitlin was taken to prepare for her big moment.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Seven of the prettiest villages in Huntingdonshire
- 3 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 4 'People are angry' - hundreds protest outside Camp Beagle
- 5 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 6 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 7 300 take part in autonomous shuttle passenger trial
- 8 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 9 Strictly's Anton and Giovanni dazzle in sensational return to live theatre
- 10 Village Focus: Silver coins among ancient finds in Hartford
Caitlin's mother, Amanda Brooker, added: "Caitlin felt very lucky to have been picked, and the staff at Arsenal looked after her ever so well. It was an amazing experience and one she will never forget."
The game took place last Wednesday (February 20) and ended in a 0-0 draw.