Caitlin, 11, leads out her Arsenal heroes
AN avid young football fan was given the chance of a lifetime when she was chosen as Arsenal s mascot for the Champions League clash with AC Milan. Caitlin Brooker, an 11-year-old Arsenal fan, was chosen at random from the thousands of supporters to lead
AN avid young football fan was given the chance of a lifetime when she was chosen as Arsenal's mascot for the Champions League clash with AC Milan.
Caitlin Brooker, an 11-year-old Arsenal fan, was chosen at random from the thousands of supporters to lead her favourite team out at the Emirates Stadium.
The St Ivo School pupil has been a supporter of the club for six years and her whole family are also Gooners.
Caitlin, who lives in St Ives, said she jumped at the chance to be a mascot for her favourite team when she received a phone call from the club.
"My favourite bit was standing in the tunnel and running out on to the pitch. It was very noisy."
On the day of the match she met the Arsenal players, got their autographs and had pictures taken with them. The whole family had a tour of the stadium before Caitlin was taken to prepare for her big moment.
- 1 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 2 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 3 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 4 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
- 5 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 6 London Luton Airport and NATS will go ahead with Huntingdonshire flight path
- 7 Crafty Monkey is encouraging people to shop local this winter
- 8 Updated details of the Christmas lights switch-on in St Neots
- 9 Steve's Taxis has donated more than £20,000 to Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 10 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
Caitlin's mother, Amanda Brooker, added: "Caitlin felt very lucky to have been picked, and the staff at Arsenal looked after her ever so well. It was an amazing experience and one she will never forget."
The game took place last Wednesday (February 20) and ended in a 0-0 draw.